Swineflu reloaded

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
Annapurna

Swineflu reloaded

Post by Annapurna »

Dear all,

we had a swine flu thread here before, but I can't find it. It was about the pros and cons of the vaccination.

Perhaps move it to here, Mods?

Anyhow,....as you perhaps remember you got a different vaccine in the USA and probably AUS and UK too.

We here had Squalen in it and and a little touch of mercury and so forth.

Squalen might cause the socalled Golfwar syndrome with:

Arthritis, skin rash, chronic fatigue, headaches, fibromyalgia, autoimmune diseases as MS and ALS...

Anyhow, I can give you some feedback now....

I am at present treating a person who is ill since she got the jab, she is on 2 crutches, and has arthritis, neckaches, headaches, insomnia, depression...

The doctors can't find anything wrong with her....and have no explanation for her swollen ancle.

Please wish me luck.

This is a great challenge. Swineflu is new to me too, and I can't fall back on one of the remedies I usually use. It's simply not on the market.

Thought I share...it moves me, somehow.

This woman regrets having gotten the shot so much.

A friend of mine too, was feeling bad for weeks.
PeterB

Re: Swineflu reloaded

Post by PeterB »

Some facts from the UK.
More than ten million people were vaccinated, significant reactions were noted in seven cases.
More than 300 people died from Swine Flu, A disproportionate number of the deaths were among children and pregnant women.
The reasons for a more serious illness among pregant women have not yet been established.
Almost 100% of fatalities were among those not vaccinated.
In addition to the 300 plus deaths 700 people had prolonged hospital stays due to complications such as pnuemonia.
At one time during late November 2009, 80% of Intensive Care beds in the UK were occupied by sufferers from Swine Flu.
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Did you guys have the 'clean' vaccine in UK? Because we didn't.

Ours had Squalene in, which is not allowed in the USA.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php? ... &aid=14851" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

Yes, if you remember at the time Anna I said that what was issued here was the one that in Germany had to be paid for. i.e. Not the one that Angela Merkel had.
cooran

Post by cooran »

This was the previous thread.

http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2651" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Thanks, Cooran. :anjali:

Well, Peter, then your numbers will not be valid for us...right?

What's also pathetic is, that none of the professors she went to found it necessary to report her case to the official vaccination center, where cases like hers should be reported.

She Keeps TELLING them, look, guys, I have been feeling awful since the vaccination, and they do not react!

I might though.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Anna,

Actually it seems there were a few Swine Flu topics. We might leave this one separate but when I find the others I'll move them to this sub-forum.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Anna

My two boys and I had our swine flu vaccinations last Friday.
No ill effects.
kind regards

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Thanks, Retro.

Why so late Ben? Wasn't the hype last year?

And, did you get the clean vaccine, or the one with enhancers?
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Anna
No not at all.
Last year i had the seasonal flu vaccination before Swine Flu hit.
There is a concern that the second wave of the swine flu could be more dangerous than the first - just like in 1919. The first wave of Spanish Influenza was no more dangerous than garden-variety influenza. It was during the second season that Spanish Flu became extremely virulent and killed 20 million people.
While i'm not in one of the vulnerable categories, my attitude is that the vaccination is cheap insurance.
kind regards

Ben

EDIT: To be honest, the only time I've heard about enhancers is here on Dhamma Wheel courtesy of you. We haven't had any discussion in this country with relation to 'enhancers' or the efficacy of the swine flu vaccination. There seems to be a general consensus that except for a very small number of adverse reactions, it is efficacious and beneficial protection against the virus.
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Perhaps you don't have any enhancers in your vaccine, Ben!

Remember, there are 2 different kinds on the market... in the USA enhancers like Squalene are forbidden, but they're selling them to Europe or Germany.

It was discussed if we are the naive ginny pigs for the American market.

Wouldn't be the first time, think of Bikini.

But most Germans didn't get the vaccination, because they heard of the enhancers.

The government bought a lot of vaccine, and eventually had to ask if they take part of it back, because people refused to get the vaccination.

Ben, it was on the media day in day out.

Enhancers, enhancers. A huge discussion.

And when in supermarkets, you heard people barking, caughing.

Who knows, perhaps they had swine flu without knowing...
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Hi Anna,
Annapurna wrote: Why so late Ben? Wasn't the hype last year?
Remember that some of us are in the Southern Hemisphere. Ben is, I believe, talking about the regular flu shots that are released yearly in March/April down here, usually with the 2-3 varieties that were most virulent in the last northern winter. Which presumably this year includes the swineflu variety. I'll be having that in early April.

Metta
Mike
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Silly me, :embarassed: of course. We are heading into spring now.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Anna,

Don't feel bad... despite me entering my location into the Wii, our Wii Fit still thought it was Winter when it was Summer. Snow drops falling on the television screen, scorching hot temperatures outside.

Thankfully Swine Flu didn't really become a "summer flu" like some were worried it might.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
cooran

Post by cooran »

Hello Ben, Retro, all,

Ben - I'm glad your family has had the immunisation. Retro - the alert period is March/April .... we are just into it now.

The pandemic is not over and to date more than 14 000 laboratory-confirmed deaths have been reported world wide. Europe and the Americas experienced a second outbreak of Swine flu in the early months of the Northern Hemisphere winter. This “second wave” of swine flu is expected to return to Australia in March/April 2010.
http://www.health.qld.gov.au/swineflu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---