A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
- Posts: 1275
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:47 am
- Location: Thailand
Thanks Bhante, I'm looking forward to trying this out
"But, Udāyi, let be the past, let be the future, I shall set you forth the Teaching: When there is this this is, with arising of this this arises; when there is not this this is not, with cessation of this this ceases." - Majjhima ii,32
Nanavira Thera's teachings - An existential approach to the Dhamma:http://bit.ly/LDsGHg
- Posts: 1388
- Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:07 pm
- Location: New Zealand
The Buddha knew about some of this.
Seven Antidotes to Drowsiness:
1. Change one‘s attitude and make meditation more dynamic.
2. Reflect on inspiring passages of the Dhamma.
3. Recite passages aloud.4. Physical stimulation, including rubbing the ears.
5. Washing one‘s face.
6. Looking at a light.
7. Brisk walking meditation.
(from Anguttara Nikaya 7.58)
David N. Snyder
- Site Admin
- Posts: 6818
- Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:15 am
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Return to Wellness, Diet & Fitness
Who is online
Registered users: Bing [Bot], binocular, Dan74, David N. Snyder, Digger, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], jadborn, Lazy_eye, Modus.Ponens, Mr Man, onaquest, rahul3bds, reflection, robertk, STM