A message from Bhikkhu Bodhi regarding a recent scam

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
Ben

A message from Bhikkhu Bodhi regarding a recent scam

Post by Ben »

Dear members

Please find below a message from Bhikkhu Bodhi regarding the recent internet scam in his name.
Bhikkhu Bodhi wrote:On Monday morning someone in the U.K hijacked Ven. Bhikkhu Bodhi's gmail account. He wrote a global email through Ven. Bodhi's contact list, reporting that Ven. Bodhi was stranded in Scotland and in urgent need of money to pay his hotel bills and return home. If you received such an email, be aware that it was from the hacker, not from Ven. Bodhi. This is a scam.
kind regards

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Fede

Re: A message from Bhikkhu Bodhi regarding a recent scam

Post by Fede »

*Bumped*.

Thanks, Ben. :)
"Samsara: The human condition's heartbreaking inability to sustain contentment." Elizabeth Gilbert, 'Eat, Pray, Love'.

Simplify: 17 into 1 WILL go: Mindfulness!

Quieta movere magna merces videbatur. (Sallust, c.86-c.35 BC)
Translation: Just to stir things up seemed a good reward in itself. ;)

I am sooooo happy - How on earth could I be otherwise?! :D

http://www.armchairadvice.co.uk/relationships/forum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Thanks Ben.

I wonder if the hacker "figured out" his password? This might be a good time to remind ourselves how to choose a good password for our accounts, e-mail, etc.

http://netsecurity.about.com/cs/general ... 12103b.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Too many people choose an easy to remember password, such as their kid's birthday, pet's name, etc. which can pretty easily be figured out from social networking pages, etc.
Paññāsikhara

Post by Paññāsikhara »

I received that scam email yesterday, I think. It was pretty obviously a scam. I tried to reply, but it bounced for some strange reason.

It is a wild web world out there ... oh, in here.
My recently moved Blog, containing some of my writings on the Buddha Dhamma, as well as a number of translations from classical Buddhist texts and modern authors, liturgy, etc.: Huifeng's Prajnacara Blog.