Women can't become Buddhas?

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
retrofuturist

Re: Women can't become Buddhas?

Post by retrofuturist »

:offtopic:
:focus:
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Hello. Retro,

If ad hom. attacks are not scolded as off- topic, please also allow a respectful reply and explanation what was meant.

After that, you guys can discuss til the cows come home, since I am out of this thread.

Thank you.

Annabel

here lays your slipperly slope... you dont want to accept some parts of the canon cause you dont like what it says, yet youre fully willing to throw other parts at people because it helps you. now what if one were to claim those right speech parts were added by monks why didnt want free and open discussion, that it was all some ancient sri lankan conspiracy?
Hello, jcsuperstar,

I can accept most parts of the dhamma without thinking twice. They just "click".

With others, something doesn't seem to sit right with me and disturbs my peace of mind or seems to make no sense.

When I ask inconvenient questions about those parts, such as women can't be samma sambuddhas, then only, because I am struggling to understand them and hope to get patient and kind explanations.

Anybody replying to me in this manner will help and support me immensely.

I may not be happy with replies right away, so bear with me please. .... :toilet:

So thanks to you all in advance when I express myself, and thanks for all replies that I can accept with joy because they are kind and don't shame me, even when we disagree.

:namaste:

But with this thread I am done.

My questions remain, in a worse way than before.

Bye,

Annabel
Element

Post by Element »

Heavenstorm wrote:It is easily concluded that attaining Arahantship in this times are very difficult if not impossible. I don't think you will find any Theravadins that disagree with that.
I disagree. I know many other Theravadins who disagree.
Element

Re: Women can't be enlightened?

Post by Element »

Heavenstorm wrote:As proven that its only in the Dharma ending times like now, female power will rise and surpass the guys.
Where there is material development, male power will predominate because of the need for the military. Female power will never arise again because it was female power that gave birth to materialism and the need for the military to protect it. If the modern world is destroyed in a nuclear war and humanity must begin again, female power will rise again. Just as women are required to look after young children, so are women needed to give direction to a growing world.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

It looks like the potential for us to discuss this matter from a Theravadin perspective has been exhausted.... hence the lack of recent posts actually related in any way to the topic at hand.

This thread will now be closed - thank you all for your participation.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."