Subhasita Sutta

Each week we study and discuss a different sutta or Dhamma text

Moderator: mikenz66

jcsuperstar

Subhasita Sutta

Postby jcsuperstar » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:02 am

สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Re: Subhasita Sutta

Postby retrofuturist » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:09 am

"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead" - Thomas Paine

BlackBird

Postby BlackBird » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:37 am

"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." -

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby retrofuturist » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:40 am

Greetings Jack,

Quite possible. 'Verse' in particular, is difficult to translate in an accurate or technically/grammatically correct way.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead" - Thomas Paine

BlackBird

Postby BlackBird » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:48 am

Indeed :)
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." -

Freawaru

Postby Freawaru » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:48 pm

Return to “Study Group”