I just found out were getting laid off in two months

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.

I just found out were getting laid off in two months

Postby bodom » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:52 pm

Sad but true. This job was the only job i have ever had where i actually looked forward to coming to work. Atleast we got a two month notice. My girls 5 months pregnant and now we both have start all over as she works here too. Its a pretty scary time.

:namaste:
The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Re: I just found out were getting laid off in two months

Postby Will » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:23 pm

Perhaps you boss is heartless, but go directly to him and explain my wife is expecting our first child, so at least keep me on, please.
This noble eightfold path is the ancient path traveled by all the Buddhas of eons past. Nagara Sutta
Will

Postby bodom » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:25 pm

Will wrote:Perhaps you boss is heartless, but go directly to him and explain my wife is expecting our first child, so at least keep me on, please.

Well its the whole company that is going under. Its not just specific people getting axed. Everyone is getting axed. Everyone is sitting here in the office talking about what all of us are going to do. Its pretty surreal right now.

The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Postby Will » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:30 pm

Damn, that is hard. :console:
This noble eightfold path is the ancient path traveled by all the Buddhas of eons past. Nagara Sutta
Will

Postby genkaku » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:37 pm

Ouch.

Breathe carefully.

genkaku

Postby bodom » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:57 pm

Thanks.

bodom

Postby Cittasanto » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:08 pm

:group:

hope everything works out
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby bodom » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:10 pm

Manapa wrote::group:

Makes trivial arguments about football seem so insignificant in so many ways right about now. There are so many more important things in life. Thanks Manapa.

bodom

Postby Cittasanto » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:15 pm

Was football ever significant :hug:

bodom_bad_boy wrote:

Makes football seem so insignificant in so many ways right about now. There are so many more important things in life. Thanks Manapa.

This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby clw_uk » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:17 pm

Sorry to hear your news, hope things get better. At least there is impermenance so the difficult situation wont last forever :smile:

Metta
Craig

“ Your mind is likewise blocked. But the right road awaits you still. Cast out your doubts, your fears and your desires, let go of grief and of hope as well, for where these rule , then the mind is their subject." Boetius
clw_uk

Postby bodom » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:20 pm

Manapa wrote:Was football ever significant :hug:

bodom_bad_boy wrote:

Makes football seem so insignificant in so many ways right about now. There are so many more important things in life. Thanks Manapa.

No your right it wasnt. :P

bodom

Postby bodom » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:21 pm

clw_uk wrote:Sorry to hear your news, hope things get better. At least there is impermenance so the difficult situation wont last forever :smile:

Metta
Craig

Yep you are absolutely right clw_uk. Thanks.

bodom

Postby Placid-pool » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:46 pm

May be impermanent but feels bloody rotten at the time - I have been there.

I will be thinking of you and you will be in my prayers (well, call it lighting a candle and thinking of you all) .... postives coming over in massive waves dear friend. :hug:
Placid-pool

Postby bodom » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:50 pm

Placid-pool wrote:May be impermanent but feels bloody rotten at the time - I have been there.

I will be thinking of you and you will be in my prayers (well, call it lighting a candle and thinking of you all) .... postives coming over in massive waves dear friend. :hug:

Thank you so much! Your very sweet. Thank you again.

bodom

Postby Placid-pool » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:58 pm

Ah no - heck - I got called into the boss's office two weeks before Christmas and told that the business was closing down, we could continue with another employer but we had to go self-employed (with all the risks that involves) and we had only a week to decide ... and find out all the info we needed to do this enormous step.

I can feel for you my friend and I wasn't supporting a pregnant partner ...in the end MY partner ended up sneaking in on my coat tails and working with the new employer who didn't know that he didn't work with me before ... gets like a comedy series but that is my life. :jumping:

I hope you both find mutual support and laugh together because this is the kind of thing that shows the strengths and weaknesses of a partnership - wishing you lots of laughs ... if you can laugh at a situation it is much less scary ... OK, give you a jumping off point - tell your partner that if things get really bad, you can go and live in a caravan, in a barn, in a tiny village in France because PP will put us up, and make cake - that should make you laugh!
Placid-pool

Postby bodom » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Placid-pool wrote:Ah no - heck - I got called into the boss's office two weeks before Christmas and told that the business was closing down, we could continue with another employer but we had to go self-employed (with all the risks that involves) and we had only a week to decide ... and find out all the info we needed to do this enormous step.

I can feel for you my friend and I wasn't supporting a pregnant partner ...in the end MY partner ended up sneaking in on my coat tails and working with the new employer who didn't know that he didn't work with me before ... gets like a comedy series but that is my life. :jumping:

I hope you both find mutual support and laugh together because this is the kind of thing that shows the strengths and weaknesses of a partnership - wishing you lots of laughs ... if you can laugh at a situation it is much less scary ... OK, give you a jumping off point - tell your partner that if things get really bad, you can go and live in a caravan, in a barn, in a tiny village in France because PP will put us up, and make cake - that should make you laugh!

Hmm i always did wanna visit france. We might just take you up on your offer! Hahah. You'll be getting a knock on your front door at 2am and ill be like hey its me Bodom Bad Boy! Haha. Were looking forward to your cake! :rofl:

Last edited by bodom on Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bodom

Postby jcsuperstar » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:09 pm

i'm sorry
may you have the best of luck and this be a door thats opened for you, not one thats closing
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat
jcsuperstar

Postby bodom » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:15 pm

jcsuperstar wrote:i'm sorry
may you have the best of luck and this be a door thats opened for you, not one thats closing

I sure hope so! Im sitting at my desk watching people coming out of the Human Resources department with there walking papers. Its crazy. Its a sign of the times. I might have a job opportunity at the sister compay across the street though so we'll see what happens!

bodom

Postby David N. Snyder » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:43 pm

Ouch! I know what you are saying. These are terrible times indeed. I own a business and the income, cash flows are way down already. In my opinion, it is all Bushism. Spending all that money on that Iraq War when there is no money to pay for it. I even added a page to a political website of mine to follow the anatomy of the current economic crisis:

http://antiwarrepublicans.com/costofwar.aspx
:soap:
David N. Snyder
Site Admin

Postby Placid-pool » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:48 pm

You wouldn't be the first ones to pole up on our doorstep needing housing ... the last one stayed 18 months and we sorted him out, got him back on his feet and sent him home again ... a few pounds heavier because of the home cooking but happier and more stable.

Nobody is ever out on their ear while I have a caravan.
Placid-pool

Next

Return to Lounge