The Dhamma Wheel Meditation Challenge

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
Khalil Bodhi

Re: The Dhamma Wheel Meditation Challenge

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Dukkhanirodha wrote:Here is my schedule when I am not busy (saturdays, sundays and days off):

3 am - 6 am : 3 hours ; 9:30 am - 12:30 : 3 hours ; 3:30 pm - 7:30 pm : 4 hours. With additional 10 mn after each session for metta bhavana = about 10 hours altogether :)

In the worst case (extremely busy day) it gets down to:
3 am - 6 am ; 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm

On average, I meditate 7 hours a day. I consider extending it to 8 by waking up at 2 am instead of 3 am and meditate early in the morning for 4 hours instead of 3 hours previously. But it might be difficult because I am experiencing very deep burning sensations from inside these days.

I have no family and I stay home all the time. I get out only for work or to buy groceries.
Sadhu! Sadhu! Sadhu! You are an inspiration. I currently do 35 minutes morning and 35 at night and sitting/walking as the opportunity permits. I like to do 2 hours on uposatha days if possible. Anyway, much metta to you.

Mike
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com
Sekha

Post by Sekha »

thanx, Khalil
we are interconnected by our respective metta energy

------------------------------------------------------------------

As the energy of metta goes deeper, animals start not being afraid any more. But being worthy of this power requires extra equanimity.

This morning, the challenge would have been to remain perfectly still while one of these cockroaches (about 1,5 inch long) was crawling on my neck. But I wasn't able to. I shook myself until it got on the floor, I got up, took the broom and drove it out.

There is a space between the bottom of my flat's door and the ground, so they can get in and out by there. When it has rained a lot, they set out at night looking for a suitable dwelling place, and they visit my appartment.
Where knowledge ends, religion begins. - B. Disraeli

http://www.buddha-vacana.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
living peacefully

Post by living peacefully »

30 minutes walking.
:anjali:
Refugee

Post by Refugee »

Samatha Meditation - Minimum of 30 minutes morning and 30 minutes evening. A futher 30 minutes at midday if circumstances permit.
My practice is simply this: Avoid evil, do good, and purify the mind.
Dhammabodhi

Post by Dhammabodhi »

Wholeheartedly agree with Khalil bodhi!

Dukkhanirodha, you are an inspiration! If you come to France anytime, do let me know!

Do remain the beacon of light that you are for weaklings like me.

With much metta,
Dhammabodhi :anjali:
"Take rest, take rest."-S.N.Goenka
Reductor

Post by Reductor »

Dukkhanirodha wrote: There is a space between the bottom of my flat's door and the ground, so they can get in and out by there. When it has rained a lot, they set out at night looking for a suitable dwelling place, and they visit my appartment.
Spiders come through my apartment by the truck load, the main avenue for them is the space between my front door and the ground. I take a towel, roll it up, and jam it in between the door and the ground. That keeps out most of them.
Sekha

Post by Sekha »

Dhammabodhi wrote:If you come to France anytime, do let me know!
I will be there from July to early October. Let me know :-)

thereductor wrote:
Dukkhanirodha wrote: There is a space between the bottom of my flat's door and the ground, so they can get in and out by there. When it has rained a lot, they set out at night looking for a suitable dwelling place, and they visit my appartment.
Spiders come through my apartment by the truck load, the main avenue for them is the space between my front door and the ground. I take a towel, roll it up, and jam it in between the door and the ground. That keeps out most of them.
I think I should start doing that. For the moment, I have an old insecticide can. I spray some on the ground, as a repellent.
Where knowledge ends, religion begins. - B. Disraeli

http://www.buddha-vacana.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bodom

Post by bodom »

My daughter was kind enough to allow me 40 minutes of walking meditation today while she napped. Wasnt the full hour I would have liked to get in but ill take it anyway. :smile:

Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
ezzirah

Post by ezzirah »

Is it too late to join?

I am re-establishing my practice after a long absence.

10 minutes a day, everyday?

:buddha2:
metta,
kat
bodom

Post by bodom »

ezzirah wrote:Is it too late to join?

I am re-establishing my practice after a long absence.

10 minutes a day, everyday?

:buddha2:
metta,
kat
Its never too late Kat. :smile: Ten minutes everyday sounds great to start with. Best wishes for you and your practice.

Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
bodom

Post by bodom »

1 hour walking meditation.

- BB
bodom

Post by bodom »

1 hour metta/anapanasati.

- BB
bodom

Post by bodom »

- BB
bodom

Post by bodom »

1 hour walking meditation.

- BB
bodom

Post by bodom »

- BB