Travel to Thailand

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism

Travel to Thailand

Postby ashtanga » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:10 am

Hi everyone,

I am hoping at some point to make the trip to Thailand. I would really appreciate some pointers from UK members that have with experience found the best way to get there and stay - inlcluding a roough idea of how much I should be budgeting. I am unsure if I'll be travelling alone (cheaper!) of with my partner and daughter (16yo but not fussy!).

Thanks in advance! :anjali:

Tony...
ashtanga

Re: Travel to Thailand

Postby Bankei » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:59 pm

Hi Tony

Don't worry too much about costs. Thailand is very cheap. I don't know about visa requirements for UK-ers but you can probably get a 3 month tourist visa. It you want to stay long term you may want to consider getting a student visa and studying Thai etc.

In Bangkok you can stay in a luxury hotel for 1200B - or just something basic with air, and no hot water for 400B per night. Longer term accommodation will be around 4000B+ per month for a decent 1 room (+ separate bathroom).

In the country side things will be much cheaper. Renting a room will cost 1000 to 2000B+.

Food will cost you around 30B per meal. Desert as low as 7B. Travel is relatively cheap too. Getting a bus from Bangkok to out to the provinces may cost around 500B for a 4 hr trip.

Bankei
-----------------------
Bankei
Bankei

Postby chownah » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:20 pm

Check out thaivisa.com....they have a mountain of info on travel to thailand

chownah
chownah

Postby ashtanga » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:21 pm

Thanks for the replies, I'm looking into to it now :juggling:

Tony...
ashtanga

Postby Johny123 » Wed May 05, 2010 5:47 am

It is not really difficult to manage cost if you are traveling to Thailand. It is cheap country that other counties like Australia, America etc. However if you manage your accommodation in cheap rate then definitely you manage your budget. Here u can also get precise information about suitable, reasonable accommodation from here.
Johny123

Return to General Theravāda discussion