adding new thing to Ego

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
effort

adding new thing to Ego

Post by effort »

i know same topics was in the board but i want to talk about this again.

i was watching to eckhard tolle mombai talk , power of now, first session and he mention this very nice 'there is a danger of adding a new egoistic state in spiritual practice and cultivate it for 20 30 years' and also 'become friend with present moment'.

i think both of the ideas are very critical and hard to avoid.

ps: i know tolle is not very welcomed to giving quotes for some people, also for me!
tiltbillings

Re: adding new thing to Ego

Post by tiltbillings »

effort wrote:
i was watching to eckhard tolle mombai talk , power of now, first session and he mention this very nice 'there is a danger of adding a new egoistic state in spiritual practice and cultivate it for 20 30 years' and also 'become friend with present moment'.
He should know.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

Not just 20 or 30 years practice, but the books, the movie, the dvd's, a whole career in fact. The boy's done well.
I hear McDonalds are launching a Tolleburger...the Taste of Now, with pickles and fries.
effort

Post by effort »

PeterB wrote: I hear McDonalds are launching a Tolleburger...the Taste of Now, with pickles and fries.
the taste of now! a layer on the layer!! like it!
m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

tiltbillings wrote:
effort wrote:
He should know.
Its not that i know enough about him to necessarily agree, but doggone it, that was funny :jumping:
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig