Patisambidamagga

A forum for members who wish to develop a deeper understanding of the Pali Canon and associated Commentaries, which for discussion purposes are both treated as authoritative.

Moderator: Mahavihara moderator

Patisambidamagga

Postby Zom » Sun May 16, 2010 7:33 pm

A translation of the Patisambhidamagga, a practical guide to the Buddhist way of life and philosophy. The Path of Discrimanation, or comprehension, is attributed to Sariputta and it tries to show exactly how understanding of reality takes place in a practical sense, not simply in theory.

(As I was told, author's rights now are out of date and so this translation is now free to download)
Last edited by Ben on Mon May 17, 2010 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed by moderator until copyright status is confirmed by publisher
Zom

Re: Patisambidamagga

Postby bodom » Sun May 16, 2010 7:44 pm

:anjali:
The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Postby Kenshou » Mon May 17, 2010 3:05 am

Hey, thanks, I've wanted to read this for awhile.
Kenshou

Postby Reductor » Mon May 17, 2010 5:24 am

Are you sure? It looks to be copyrighted by PTS in 1982. Unless the copy right laws are different in Britan I would think that it was still in force.
Michael

The thoughts I've expressed in the above post are carefully considered and offered in good faith.

And friendliness towards the world is happiness for him who is forbearing with living beings. -- Ud. 2:1
To his own ruin the fool gains knowledge, for it cleaves his head and destroys his innate goodness. -- Dhp 72

Reductor

Postby Ben » Mon May 17, 2010 5:34 am

I think you're right thereductor, the copyright is still in effect.
I will remove the link until the issue is clarified by PTS.
kind regards

Ben
"Only those who take to meditation with good intentions can be assured of success. With the development of the purity and the power of the mind backed by the insight into the ultimate truth of nature, one might be able to do a lot of things in the right direction for the benefit of mankind."

Sayagyi U Ba Khin

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global Relief
UNHCR Syria Emergency Relief AppealTyphoon Haiyan Relief AppealKiva: (person to person micro-finance)

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby Anicca » Mon May 17, 2010 5:35 am

Looks illegal to me - i've deleted my copy. PTS should be notified. Oops - edit - good job Ben!
Anicca

Postby Ben » Mon May 17, 2010 5:59 am

Thread closed until clarification from PTS
"Only those who take to meditation with good intentions can be assured of success. With the development of the purity and the power of the mind backed by the insight into the ultimate truth of nature, one might be able to do a lot of things in the right direction for the benefit of mankind."

Sayagyi U Ba Khin

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global Relief
UNHCR Syria Emergency Relief AppealTyphoon Haiyan Relief AppealKiva: (person to person micro-finance)

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Return to Classical Theravāda