Farewell Blackbird!

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
adosa

Re: Farewell Blackbird!

Post by adosa »

BlackBird wrote:Alright guys, once again thank you for your kind wishes. I'm flying out to Sri Lanka tommorow at about 9am. Hope you are all well and will try to check in every so often.

maha-metta
Jack

Alright, Jack, you have my highest respect FWIW.

adosa :anjali:
"To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas" - Dhammapada 183
bodom

Post by bodom »

BlackBird wrote:Alright guys, once again thank you for your kind wishes. I'm flying out to Sri Lanka tommorow at about 9am. Hope you are all well and will try to check in every so often.

maha-metta
Jack
Best Wishes Jack!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Reductor

Post by Reductor »

Good luck.

Don't get bogged down. Make an end.

Bye.
alan

Post by alan »

Rock on, Blackbird. I'm rooting for you. Come back and teach us all.
Oh, and when you get a mouthful of that hot Sri Lankan curry...don't go for the water!
A bit of rice will be much better.
Best of luck on your new adventure.
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

:anjali:
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

This bird has flown.

:thumbsup:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
appicchato

Post by appicchato »

All the very best to you Jack... :thumbsup:
Guy

Post by Guy »

:woohoo: :twothumbsup: :thumbsup: :hug: :group: :hello: :anjali: :bow: :meditate: :buddha2:
Four types of letting go:

1) Giving; expecting nothing back in return
2) Throwing things away
3) Contentment; wanting to be here, not wanting to be anywhere else
4) "Teflon Mind"; having a mind which doesn't accumulate things

- Ajahn Brahm
James the Giant

Post by James the Giant »

Has anyone heard from Jack? I wonder how he's doing over there.
Then,
saturated with joy,
you will put an end to suffering and stress.
SN 9.11
BlackBird

Post by BlackBird »

Coming back to NZ in late August, 'tis a long story and I don't have much time at this internet cafe. So in a month or so I will sit down and tell you everything (if you want to hear it). Moved from Meetirigala to Sumantipala, Kanduboda today. It's easier for the occidental here in Kanduboda and there isn't much of a schedule to speak of, so more time for bhavana.

Hope everyone is well and your meditation is good. Look forward to catching up :)

Maha metta
Jack :heart:
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta

Path Press - Ñāṇavīra Thera Dhamma Page - Ajahn Nyanamoli's Dhamma talks
Euclid

Post by Euclid »

I await your story eagerly. Kia kaha; ka pai.
Goedert

Post by Goedert »

BlackBird wrote:Coming back to NZ in late August, 'tis a long story and I don't have much time at this internet cafe. So in a month or so I will sit down and tell you everything (if you want to hear it). Moved from Meetirigala to Sumantipala, Kanduboda today. It's easier for the occidental here in Kanduboda and there isn't much of a schedule to speak of, so more time for bhavana.

Hope everyone is well and your meditation is good. Look forward to catching up :)

Maha metta
I have an interest to see the story brother, because "I" also "want" to ordain in Sri Lanka.
Wind

Post by Wind »

BlackBird wrote:Coming back to NZ in late August, 'tis a long story and I don't have much time at this internet cafe. So in a month or so I will sit down and tell you everything (if you want to hear it). Moved from Meetirigala to Sumantipala, Kanduboda today. It's easier for the occidental here in Kanduboda and there isn't much of a schedule to speak of, so more time for bhavana.

Maha metta
Good to hear from you again Jack. Can't wait to hear your story. Too bad we have to wait a month :(
samadhi_steve

Post by samadhi_steve »

hopefully you will come back and share your experience!

weird my ipod is on shuffle and blackbird just came on lol
Buddho is something cool and calm. It's the path for giving rise to peace and contentment — the only path that will release us from the suffering and stress in this world.
pilgrim

Post by pilgrim »

Did I miss "the story?". Was it posted elsewhere?