Catfight

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.

Who do you think would win a catfight between

AdvaitaJ's cat
68%
Annabel's cat
32%

Total votes: 19

retrofuturist

Catfight

Post by retrofuturist »

AdvaitaJ's cat

versus

Annabel's cat

Who would win and why?

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Lazy_eye

Re: Catfight

Post by Lazy_eye »

I picked AdvaitaJ's cat. That squint. That dare to mess with me pose. Looks like a tough customer.

Based on the picture, I'd say Annabel's is all meow and no bite. Sweet-tempered. :heart:
Tex

Post by Tex »

AdvaitaJ's cat, no question.

Look at him, facing his fear of water and smiling meanly while he does it. That cat is Maximus reborn.
"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -- Heraclitus
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

AdvaitaJ's cat you can tell he is hatching a plan of revenge for the git who threw him in the water!
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Lazy_eye wrote:
Based on the picture, I'd say Annabel's is all meow and no bite. Sweet-tempered. :heart:
Yep. She is just yawning... :heart:

If she would win a cat fight, then in the way Buddha tamed Angulimala... :bow:

Nice topic. :smile:
genkaku

Post by genkaku »

I agree -- nice topic! But I will admit I was expecting different participants ... you know... scantily-clad ... maybe in a pit of mud or Jell-O or something. :)

Since I am allergic to all cats, it hardly seems fair to vote for one participant over the other. So instead of voting, I'll fall back on New Age pablum ... everyone's a winner; everyone's a loser.

What a wuss!
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

New Age is pretty good sometimes. :smile:
Element

Post by Element »

For me, definitely Annabel's cat. It looks female whereas the other cat looks male. As the saying goes: "No greater fury...."
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

Neither will win, after a few brief hisses they'll become great friends and purr away into the sunset.

Element

Post by Element »

Dazzlebling wrote:Neither will win, after a few brief hisses they'll become great friends and purr away into the sunset.
What do you think about the cat fight below Dazzlebling? Do you think they will ever get over it? Do you think some 'Buddhists' are too serious? :lol:

Aloka

Post by Aloka »

You are very naughty Element! Nice dollies by the way, but not sure about the top one's lip-liner! Ha ha ha!

AdvaitaJ

Post by AdvaitaJ »

Retro,

Thanks for the post. :clap: On behalf of "Maximus", I'd just like to say this thread gave me my best laugh all week. :rofl:

I've noted that my cat is a trifle unusual for these purposes, but he's such a perfect avatar -- he's in no real danger but he is so obviously suffering on so many levels...

AdvaitaJ :twothumbsup:
The birds have vanished down the sky. Now the last cloud drains away.
We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains.
Li Bai
AdvaitaJ

Post by AdvaitaJ »

Annabel wrote:New Age is pretty good sometimes. :smile:
:namaste:
AdvaitaJ
The birds have vanished down the sky. Now the last cloud drains away.
We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains.
Li Bai
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Dazzlebling wrote:Neither will win, after a few brief hisses they'll become great friends and purr away into the sunset.

:heart:

And conspire against the human can opener and impose all their irresistible little meows and fluffy tenderness on him so that he will lie flat on the floor, with both cats purring away on him, licking his face and hands, until he vows to donate the content of his fridge to them until the end of all times.

What a way to live..... :twisted:
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

And they will then probaly pee in the corner or on a shoe.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723