Hi from Nathan

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
nathan

Hi from Nathan

Post by nathan »

Hi folks, I recognize some user names and photos from elsewhere. Looks like a vital and growing community, may it be so, may many benefit and may well being and happiness prevail. :twothumbsup:
But whoever walking, standing, sitting, or lying down overcomes thought, delighting in the stilling of thought: he's capable, a monk like this, of touching superlative self-awakening. § 110. {Iti 4.11; Iti 115}
tiltbillings

Re: Hi from Nathan

Post by tiltbillings »

I hope you spend some time and post here.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Nathan,

I was hoping you would find us!

Excellent to have you here... like Tilt, I look forward to your contributions.

:thumbsup:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
nathan

Post by nathan »

Thank you for the warm welcome, you guys will provide much here that is needed in any beneficial forum. Every attempt to sincerely listen and express is an opportunity to discover how to do so more skillfully and there is always so much to learn about that! All the best with this new baby. :hug:
But whoever walking, standing, sitting, or lying down overcomes thought, delighting in the stilling of thought: he's capable, a monk like this, of touching superlative self-awakening. § 110. {Iti 4.11; Iti 115}
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Nathan

Its good to have you here!
Metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

:hello:
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
genkaku

Post by genkaku »

Welcome Nathan. Hope you find something useful here.
nathan

Post by nathan »

Hi, and thanks again. It's been good to find out where the retreat is that everyone went on. :jumping: Genkaku, I didn't realize that I came across as so utilitarian. I'll have to work on that. :smile: Nice to see you Genkaku. Hope we all benefit, kudos to all the excellent mods who have taken this on, including you Ben, and hi Manapa. I like to read for a while before posting so it may be a while yet before I start raising dust.
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

Welcome :hello:
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
nathan

Post by nathan »

Thanks, I thought I would add that it is great to find so many good friends here, both old and new. A great place to keep learning and adding to understanding of the path. Forums have been so helpful to me, I'm so thankful for the overall understanding that everyone brings together whether it is assurances or challenges. Thanks in advance everyone.