Hi from Nathan

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

Hi from Nathan

Postby nathan » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:26 am

Hi folks, I recognize some user names and photos from elsewhere. Looks like a vital and growing community, may it be so, may many benefit and may well being and happiness prevail. :twothumbsup:
But whoever walking, standing, sitting, or lying down overcomes thought, delighting in the stilling of thought: he's capable, a monk like this, of touching superlative self-awakening. § 110. {Iti 4.11; Iti 115}
nathan

Re: Hi from Nathan

Postby tiltbillings » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:31 am

I hope you spend some time and post here.
This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond.
SN I, 38.

Ar scáth a chéile a mhaireas na daoine.
People live in one another’s shelter.

"We eat cold eels and think distant thoughts." -- Jack Johnson
tiltbillings

Postby retrofuturist » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:45 am

Greetings Nathan,

I was hoping you would find us!

Excellent to have you here... like Tilt, I look forward to your contributions.

:thumbsup:

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby nathan » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:03 am

Thank you for the warm welcome, you guys will provide much here that is needed in any beneficial forum. Every attempt to sincerely listen and express is an opportunity to discover how to do so more skillfully and there is always so much to learn about that! All the best with this new baby. :hug:
But whoever walking, standing, sitting, or lying down overcomes thought, delighting in the stilling of thought: he's capable, a monk like this, of touching superlative self-awakening. § 110. {Iti 4.11; Iti 115}
nathan

Postby Ben » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:41 am

Hi Nathan

Its good to have you here!
Metta

Ben
Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.

Taṃ nadīhi vijānātha:
sobbhesu padaresu ca,
saṇantā yanti kusobbhā,
tuṇhīyanti mahodadhī.

Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby Cittasanto » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:35 am

:hello:
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby genkaku » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:15 am

Welcome Nathan. Hope you find something useful here.
genkaku

Postby nathan » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:08 pm

Hi, and thanks again. It's been good to find out where the retreat is that everyone went on. :jumping: Genkaku, I didn't realize that I came across as so utilitarian. I'll have to work on that. :smile: Nice to see you Genkaku. Hope we all benefit, kudos to all the excellent mods who have taken this on, including you Ben, and hi Manapa. I like to read for a while before posting so it may be a while yet before I start raising dust.
nathan

Postby bodom » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:31 pm

Welcome!

:namaste:
The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Postby clw_uk » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:44 pm

Welcome :hello:
“ Your mind is likewise blocked. But the right road awaits you still. Cast out your doubts, your fears and your desires, let go of grief and of hope as well, for where these rule , then the mind is their subject." Boetius
clw_uk

Postby nathan » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:30 pm

Thanks, I thought I would add that it is great to find so many good friends here, both old and new. A great place to keep learning and adding to understanding of the path. Forums have been so helpful to me, I'm so thankful for the overall understanding that everyone brings together whether it is assurances or challenges. Thanks in advance everyone.
nathan

Return to Introductions