Reminder about the use of the Report Post feature

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
retrofuturist

Reminder about the use of the Report Post feature

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

This is just a brief reminder that at Dhamma Wheel, each post you see has a symbol with an exclamation mark in a triangle, up near the top-right corner. This button represents the site's Report Post function, and can be used if you believe somebody's post is not in accordance with the Terms Of Service.

The use of the Report Post function brings the post to the attention of moderators and administrators who will review the post against the Terms Of Service and determine its suitability. Dhamma Wheel staff do not (and cannot realistically) read every single post made here, let alone review every post as soon as it is made. By helping us identify possible problems, you help speed up the post review process, and help prevent discussions from going off topic or becoming inappropriate.

Thanks for your assistance.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Fede

Re: Reminder about the use of the Report Post feature

Post by Fede »

I think it worth adding as further recommendation to members, (if I may be so bold) that it would be unwise to then respond to a post you report.
If you're going to report a post, leave it be. Don't add comment or response, and certainly don't quote it, because in these cases, it makes moderating a thread (in the case of needing to edit or remove material) extremely challenging.

I apologise for being presumptuous, and adding the above. I have found through direct experience that this is, however, sound advice.
"Samsara: The human condition's heartbreaking inability to sustain contentment." Elizabeth Gilbert, 'Eat, Pray, Love'.

Simplify: 17 into 1 WILL go: Mindfulness!

Quieta movere magna merces videbatur. (Sallust, c.86-c.35 BC)
Translation: Just to stir things up seemed a good reward in itself. ;)

I am sooooo happy - How on earth could I be otherwise?! :D

http://www.armchairadvice.co.uk/relationships/forum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tiltbillings

Re: Reminder about the use of the Report Post feature

Post by tiltbillings »

Fede wrote:I think it worth adding as further recommendation to members, (if I may be so bold) that it would be unwise to then respond to a post you report.
If you're going to report a post, leave it be. Don't add comment or response, and certainly don't quote it, because in these cases, it makes moderating a thread (in the case of needing to edit or remove material) extremely challenging.

I apologise for being presumptuous, and adding the above. I have found through direct experience that this is, however, sound advice.
You presumptuous boldness is appreciated. Thanks.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723