Mindfulness, Bliss, and Beyond

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Lombardi4

Mindfulness, Bliss, and Beyond

Post by Lombardi4 »

Has anyone read this book? What are your thoughts?

I'm thinking of buying it.

Also, if anyone can provide a link where I can buy it online in Euros (€), that would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!
jcsuperstar

Re: Mindfulness, Bliss, and Beyond

Post by jcsuperstar »

lots of people here have worked with this book, try the meditation section, the non American version of this book (that i've seen) is called "Happiness Through Meditation"
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat
Moggalana

Post by Moggalana »

If you like Ajahn Brahm's style of teaching and his interpretation of the Dhamma, go for it!
Let it come. Let it be. Let it go.
cooran

Post by cooran »

Hello Stefan,

Here:
http://www.amazon.de/Mindfulness-Bliss- ... 0861712757" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Kenshou

Post by Kenshou »

I know that the first few chapters are somewhere for free on the internet, but I really can't remember where right now. Might be worth looking at.
cooran

Post by cooran »

Kenshou wrote:I know that the first few chapters are somewhere for free on the internet, but I really can't remember where right now. Might be worth looking at.

http://www.ebookee.net/Mindfulness-bliss-and-beyond-dl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.filestube.com/m/mindfulness+bliss+and+beyond" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Vardali

Post by Vardali »

I have found it quite helpful at times, especially skipping back to the hindrances ;)

Having said that I have found his retreat talks even more helpful, those you can get from the BSWA site. However, this might have worked because I already covered basic ground with the book ;)
:anjali:
Moggalana

Post by Moggalana »

Vardali wrote: Having said that I have found his retreat talks even more helpful, those you can get from the BSWA site. However, this might have worked because I already covered basic ground with the book ;)
:anjali:
Yeah, the recordings of the November 2009 retreat and his discussion of the Anapanasati Sutta (basically the same as in the book, but "live") are great. Unfortunately, they still haven't put up the new site, so you can't download anything at the moment. I could probably upload the talks somewhere, but they are ~400mb big. Also check out Simply This Moment. Some really good stuff :twothumbsup:
Let it come. Let it be. Let it go.
appicchato

Post by appicchato »

Typing in 'Ajahn Brahm' at YouTube will reveal loads of his talks...most from the Buddhist Society of Western Australia... :coffee: