From little things big things grow...

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
retrofuturist

From little things big things grow...

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings everyone,

I'd just like to announce that today, after only a few days of operation, we've hit the 50 member mark.

I would like to personally thank everyone who has taken an interest in the site so far and I look forward to discussing the Dhamma with you.

Thank you for your support.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
bukowski

Re: From little things big things grow...

Post by bukowski »

Hi Retro. :D , (and Ben.)

Nice place you have hear. I hope it's a huge success. As you know i'm a zen head, so i'm not sure how appropriate some of the discussion will be to my practice, but i will certainly drop by regularly.

Nice to see two of the very best, most level headed and compassionate people on the web strike out on thier own.

Good luck! Take care, Karl.
appicchato

Post by appicchato »

bukowski wrote:Hi Retro. :D , (and Ben.)
Nice to see two of the very best, most level headed and compassionate people on the web strike out on thier own.
Wholeheartedly agree!... :D
Ben

Post by Ben »

Thanks Paul, Bhante, Karl and all

It been a humbling experience to see the rapid interest, the growing company of old and new friends gather around to discuss and learn about that which we love most of all.
Karl, let me tell you that you are more than welcome here at the Dhammawheel.
Metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
christopher:::

Post by christopher::: »

Really, Ben, you all have created a wonderful space. I'm here thanks to a personal invitation from Retro, otherwise i never would have found the location. I sent that info on to bukowski and a few others inviting them over. I would strongly encourage you all to send personal invitations to dhamma friends who you think might benefit from the community here, and have something positive to add. A lot of non-Theravadan Buddhists we know would very much enjoy the company and conversation here I think, but may be a little hesitant about coming over and posting unless personally invited. For most actually there is no other way to find out about the Wheel's existance...!

:)
"As Buddhists, we should aim to develop relationships that are not predominated by grasping and clinging. Our relationships should be characterised by the brahmaviharas of metta (loving kindness), mudita (sympathetic joy), karuna (compassion), and upekkha (equanimity)."
~post by Ben, Jul 02, 2009
Ben

Post by Ben »

christopher::: wrote:Really, Ben, you all have created a wonderful space. I'm here thanks to a personal invitation from Retro, otherwise i never would have found the location. I sent that info on to bukowski and a few others inviting them over. I would strongly encourage you all to send personal invitations to dhamma friends who you think might benefit from the community here, and have something positive to add. A lot of non-Theravadan Buddhists we know would very much enjoy the company and conversation here I think, but may be a little hesitant about coming over and posting unless personally invited. For most actually there is no other way to find out about the Wheel's existance...!

:)

Thank you Chris!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”

- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

Tex

Post by Tex »

Just want to say "Bravo!" on the site, it looks great!

:clap:
"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -- Heraclitus
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

Just wanted to throw my thanks in as well :namaste:
“The teacher willed that this world appear to me
as impermanent, unstable, insubstantial.
Mind, let me leap into the victor’s teaching,
carry me over the great flood, so hard to pass.”
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

150 members is coming up fast. :thumbsup:
Good and evil have no fixed form. It's as easy to turn from doing bad to doing good as it is to flip over the hand from the back to the palm. It's simply up to us to do it. Master Hsuan Hua.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

A google search of the words "Dhamma Wheel" produces 180,000 results, with dhammawheel.com showing on the first page in numbers 3 and 4. One time I did it and it was at #1.

Googling "Dhamma forum" produces 2.1 million results with dhammawheel.com in the #2 position.

All this and we have not been "open" for even one month yet! :buddha1: :group:
Ben

Post by Ben »

That is amazing!

- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Jechbi

Post by Jechbi »

Watching this number grow:
Most users ever online was 39 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:40 pm
This really is amazing.
:popcorn:
Rain soddens what is kept wrapped up,
But never soddens what is open;
Uncover, then, what is concealed,
Lest it be soddened by the rain.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings everyone,

Today we celebrate having 200 members !

Thanks to everyone for your support and participation at Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha2:

Metta,
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Tex

Post by Tex »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings everyone,

Metta,
What great timing to hit such a milestone today!!

:toast:
"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -- Heraclitus
Ben

Post by Ben »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings everyone,

Metta,
This has been on my mind all day. What excellent news it is!
Just to reiterate what Retro has said, thank you to you all for making Dhamma Wheel a welcoming and respectful environment in which to discuss the Dhamma of the Buddha.
Metta

Ben

- Sutta Nipata 3.725