YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

Why there is no re-linking consciousness - Page 3 - Dhamma Wheel

Why there is no re-linking consciousness

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths. What can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
mikenz66

Re: Why there is no re-linking consciousness

Postby mikenz66 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:33 pm

clw_uk

Postby clw_uk » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:39 pm

Thats fine to stick with what your teachers teach, i wasnt trying to tell you what you should or shouldnt believe :smile: I do really mean that, sorry if it came accross that way.

Just investigate for yourself, dont accept something first hand because it is written or because someone tells you it is a certain way or because its just traditional.

With Metta friend

:namaste:
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken

Element

Postby Element » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:43 pm

mikenz66

Postby mikenz66 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:52 pm

clw_uk

Postby clw_uk » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:53 pm

Element

Postby Element » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:55 pm

nathan

Postby nathan » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:02 pm

'I'm' standing by 'my' ignorance, until 'I' either kick the habit or 'my' ignorance rebirths 'me'. :jumping:
This is kind of a snark hunt either way isn't it? Considering? The ongoing ignorance pertains to all the aggregates, trying to locate it as confined in some way within any one of these conditions of ongoing ignorance would be a fools errand, no?
But whoever walking, standing, sitting, or lying down overcomes thought, delighting in the stilling of thought: he's capable, a monk like this, of touching superlative self-awakening. § 110. {Iti 4.11; Iti 115}

Element

Postby Element » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:02 am

nathan

Postby nathan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:38 am

But whoever walking, standing, sitting, or lying down overcomes thought, delighting in the stilling of thought: he's capable, a monk like this, of touching superlative self-awakening. § 110. {Iti 4.11; Iti 115}

Element

Postby Element » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:58 am

nathan

Postby nathan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:44 am

Mind Trip

Postby Mind Trip » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:11 pm

Hi, I don't know if coinciousness is the right word to describe if there's something individual there remains after death, well, all that I can see it that some beings are inclined to do certain things and some other things. If there's no re-linking of conciousness there is somewhere that are the "storage" of "personal kamma"? What the Buddha means with that:

"He sees — by means of the divine eye, purified & surpassing the human — beings passing away and re-appearing, and he discerns how they are inferior & superior, beautiful & ugly, fortunate & unfortunate in accordance with their kamma: 'These beings — who were endowed with bad conduct of body, speech, & mind, who reviled the noble ones, held wrong views and undertook actions under the influence of wrong views — with the break-up of the body, after death, have re-appeared in the plane of deprivation, the bad destination, the lower realms, in hell. But these beings — who were endowed with good conduct of body, speech, & mind, who did not revile the noble ones, who held right views and undertook actions under the influence of right views — with the break-up of the body, after death, have re-appeared in the good destinations, in the heavenly world.' Thus — by means of the divine eye, purified & surpassing the human — he sees beings passing away and re-appearing, and he discerns how they are inferior & superior, beautiful & ugly, fortunate & unfortunate in accordance with their kamma."

?

Cya Thanks.

clw_uk

Postby clw_uk » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:26 pm

Mind Trip

Postby Mind Trip » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:08 pm

nathan

Postby nathan » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:06 pm

I guide my feet to the path because every step is into the unknown.
The path is a certain way through.
The rest is a certain known.

clw_uk

Postby clw_uk » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:11 pm

Return to “Connections to Other Paths”