Thank you and I'm glad to be here :)

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.

Thank you and I'm glad to be here :)

Postby m0rl0ck » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:07 pm

I've have just been reading and like the discussions here.
I hadnt realized to what degree negative expectations colored my experience of other boards and its so nice just to read discussions about buddhism.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you :)
metta and :clap:
"Even if you've read the whole Canon and can remember lots of teachings; even if you can explain them in poignant ways, with lots of people to respect you; even if you build a lot of monastery buildings, or can explain inconstancy, stress, and not-self in the most detailed fashion ... The only thing that serves your own true purpose is release from suffering.

"And you'll be able to gain release from suffering only when you know the one mind."

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/thai ... eleft.html
m0rl0ck

Re: Thank you and I'm glad to be here :)

Postby Ben » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Welcome Morlock
I hope you feel comfortable here.
Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.
Metta

Ben
"Only those who take to meditation with good intentions can be assured of success. With the development of the purity and the power of the mind backed by the insight into the ultimate truth of nature, one might be able to do a lot of things in the right direction for the benefit of mankind."

Sayagyi U Ba Khin

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global Relief
UNHCR Syria Emergency Relief AppealTyphoon Haiyan Relief AppealKiva: (person to person micro-finance)

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby Annapurna » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:02 pm

Welcome mOrlOck,

and thanks for helping Goddess and me with the live chat last week...

A
http://www.schmuckzauberei.blogspot.com/
Annapurna

Postby bodom » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:25 pm

Welcome!

:namaste:
The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Postby Cittasanto » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:55 pm

:hello:
This offering maybe right, or wrong, but it is one, the other, both, or neither!
With Metta
Upāsaka Cittasanto
Blog, - Some Suttas Translated, Ajahn Chah.
"Others will misconstrue reality due to their personal perspectives, doggedly holding onto and not easily discarding them; We shall not misconstrue reality due to our own personal perspectives, nor doggedly holding onto them, but will discard them easily. This effacement shall be done."
Cittasanto

Postby Tex » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:14 pm

Nice to see you.

:hello:
"The serene and peaceful mind is the true epitome of human achievement."-- Ajahn Chah, Living Dhamma

"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi
Tex

Postby Ngawang Drolma. » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:13 pm

Hi M0rl0ck :hug:

I'm sure you contributions will be very interesting as usual!
Ngawang Drolma.

Postby retrofuturist » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:56 am

Greetings and welcome M0rlock.

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby BubbaBuddhist » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:34 pm

Hi Morlock.

J Bb
Author of Redneck Buddhism: or Will You Reincarnate as Your Own Cousin?
BubbaBuddhist

Return to Introductions