New publication of Ajahn Buddhadasa's work

Theravāda in the 21st century - modern applications of ancient wisdom

New publication of Ajahn Buddhadasa's work

Postby clw_uk » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:58 pm

A new book that contains Ajahn Buddhadasa's work is soon to be published

It All Depends ...

Compiled from retreat talks exploring the practical understanding of dependent co-arising (paticcasamuppada), this new translation is in its final stages. Ajahn Buddhadasa's interpretation of paticcasamuppada cuts through a millennium of muddle to present this core of Buddha-Dhamma in a way that we can understand and practice today (rather than waiting for things to sort out in a future life).

This will be the most developed and extensive presentation of this teaching available in English. Sixteen chapters will be interspersed with important passages from the Pali suttas. Also to be published by Wisdom.

Please stay tuned for announcement of its publication in late 2010 or early 2011.

Sounds interesting, just thought I would share
“ Your mind is likewise blocked. But the right road awaits you still. Cast out your doubts, your fears and your desires, let go of grief and of hope as well, for where these rule , then the mind is their subject." Boetius
clw_uk

Re: New publication of Ajahn Buddhadasa's work

Postby jcsuperstar » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:02 pm

where is this info from?
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat
jcsuperstar

Postby clw_uk » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:04 pm

“ Your mind is likewise blocked. But the right road awaits you still. Cast out your doubts, your fears and your desires, let go of grief and of hope as well, for where these rule , then the mind is their subject." Boetius
clw_uk

Postby bodom » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:05 pm

Excellent! Its about time.

:anjali:
The heart of the path is SO simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice. Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing. Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this - just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle. - Ajahn Chah
bodom

Postby retrofuturist » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:15 pm

Greetings,

bodom wrote:Excellent! Its about time.

Indeed.

I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks for the heads up, Craig.

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby Ben » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:10 am

Thank you Craig for passing on the news.
I'm sure that many of our members will appreciate knowing of the upcoming publication.
kind regards

Ben
"One cannot step twice into the same river, nor can one grasp any mortal substance in a stable condition, but it scatters and again gathers; it forms and dissolves, and approaches and departs."

- Hereclitus

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR
Buddhist Life Stories of Australia

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com
Ben
Site Admin

Postby retrofuturist » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:28 am

Greetings,

I'm hoping it's quite structured.

Obviously Ajahn Buddhadasa isn't here to ensure it is, but it would be really nice to have a well-structured and cohesive presentation on Dependent Origination. Somewhat like his "Practical Dependent Origination" text, but more detailed and more thorough.

If it just turns out to be a random scattering of Dhamma talks connected only by the fact they relate to dependent origination, I'll not be quite so enthused.

Metta,
Retro. :)
If you have asked me of the origination of unease, then I shall explain it to you in accordance with my understanding:
Whatever various forms of unease there are in the world, They originate founded in encumbering accumulation. (Pārāyanavagga)

Exalted in mind, just open and clearly aware, the recluse trained in the ways of the sages:
One who is such, calmed and ever mindful, He has no sorrows! -- Udana IV, 7

Dharma Wheel (Mahayana / Vajrayana forum) -- Open flower ~ Open book (blog)
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Return to Theravāda for the modern world