CLeansing and detox to go deeper

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
PeterB

Re: CLeansing and detox to go deeper

Post by PeterB »

I have no doubt that a good balanced diet with lots of fresh fruit and veg and water will contribute to a more positive and relaxed attitude to life. including practice.
However there are people who ignore all of that. One very experienced Vipassana practitioner I knew appeared to live solely on bacon sandwiches.
He beamed compassion and wisdom.
Of course it killed him in the end , he was only about 83 when he died....
He was known as Arthur the Arahant..I don't think he was literally an Arahant but he certainly was a better Dhamma person than me..
Kenshou

Post by Kenshou »

I knew bacon was good, but not that good.
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Kenshou wrote:I knew bacon was good, but not that good.
Just don't feed it to pigs.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
phil

Post by phil »

If you'll forgive a little Thich Nhat Hahn, he once said that if you are feeling depressed, it's probably due to something you've eaten, and I generally find that's true. Of course that is referring to all the senses. In a sense, the Buddha was a great dietician, urging us to be very attentive to what we consume through the six senses, and I find his training is definitely akin to cleansing and detox、at least at the level of the gross defilements.
Kammalakkhano , bhikkhave, bālo, kammalakkhano pandito, apadānasobhanī paññāti
(The fool is characterized by his/her actions/the wise one is characterized by his/her actions/Wisdom shines forth in behaviour.)
(AN 3.2 Lakkhana Sutta)
Potato

Post by Potato »

The master cleanse can actually interfere with the proper functioning of the liver and kidneys. It is not recommended by real doctors.
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

No, it isnt.