Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.

Postby IanAnd » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:09 am

vvxifeng16 wrote:Meditation useless,Should establish specific actions

Greetings retrofuturist or any other moderator,

Does the forum allow disinterested advertisers a place to get backlinks from? Just wondering.

I mean, I wouldn't mind (the signature links) if there were some genuine interest in contributing something of value to the discussion. But to just join and post a rather hasty comment on your first post in order to establish six backlinks seems pretty cheap to me. Kind of like the forum just got bushwhacked.

"The gift of truth exceeds all other gifts" — Dhammapada, v. 354 Craving XXIV

Paul Davy

Re: Backlinks

Postby Paul Davy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:21 am

Greetings Ian,

Well, the post in question has since been removed, not so much because of the issue you refer to but because it was off-topic in that particular forum.

As for backlinks generally, I think it will become evident soon enough whether a member is here to participate in discussion or to sell their wares, and we'll address each on a case-by-case basis... hopefully with the assistance of the Dhamma Wheel community who are welcome to report any posts which they find serve no purpose other than to sell or promote some commercial or illegal product.

Thanks for your interest.

Retro. :)
“I hope, Anuruddha, that you are all living in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.” (MN 31)

What is the final conviction that comes when radical attention is razor-edge sharp? That the object of the mind is mind-made (manomaya). (Ven. Ñāṇananda)

Dharma Paths Practice Community

Return to “Suggestion box”