Sangharakshita

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Spiny Norman

Re: Sangharakshita

Post by Spiny Norman »

Being Person wrote: In my opinion the TBC should publicly apologize and ask that an appropriate non-TBC support environment be created for people whose lives have been wrongly influenced, in my innocent opinion.
I'm inclined to agree, but I don't think they will ever admit liability because that would make them vunerable to possible legal claims and further adverse publicity.

P
Buddha save me from new-agers!
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

Even if we have misgivings about various aspects of Sangharakshita views and behaviour, and even if we reject his identification of Modern Theravada with the hinayana, the fact that he sees a difference between the two at least in potential is obvious from that quotation. He sees that " hinayana" tendency in "modern" Theravada as differing from traditional Theravada.
I think when he uses the term modern he is not meaning a Theravada stripped of myth only...which he would also reject btw..he is talking of the tendency particularly in Sri Lankan Buddhist to the scholastic and away from the pragmatic..he used to talk about that a lot.

As to his heirs apologising for Sangharakshita's alleged behaviours. porpoise is quite right, they would be very unwise to do so. Particularly as Sangharakshita who is now in his eighties no longer has a formal role within the former FWBO.
A family member is closely involved with the Triratna movement and she has told me of the spectrum of opinion within the former FWBO about the way that they should position themselves vis a vis Sangharakshita and it ranges from those who think a complete severance is needed to those who would look for a compromise.
In the meantime there are a lot of centres belonging to the fastest growing Buddhist group in the UK with thousands of members, and who have within their ranks some excellent meditation teachers.
I think we need to see how this thing develops...
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

PeterB wrote: . . .
We are not going to see-to-eye on Dennis. A very smart man, but a flawed enough of a human that I would look elsewhere for a teacher, for that and for lineage reasons. As for his take on the Theravada, I no longer have any of the books by him that I found to be problematic and I certainly do not give enough of a rat’s ass to track down what I found problematic to pursue that question here. There simply were and are better qualified teachers out there that do not carry with them the stink of scandal and Dennis is certainly no Trungpa (not anywhere near it) to get away with it.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

While not disagreeing with your assessment Tilt the fact is that the Triratna movement compromises by far the largest Buddhist group in the UK and with the fastest growth rate..It also has some excellently managed centers that do a good job in teaching anapanasati and in allowing an accommodation between Buddhism and western artistic culture...which is for many its great strength.
I would not and did not join it even when in my early 20's.
Neither would I recommend other involvement than its very well done meditation classes.
But its there and its growing and there are lessons to be learned from it. Particularly in its appeal to the young artistic element in society.
Anicca

Post by Anicca »

PeterB wrote: ... the fact is that the Triratna movement compromises by far the largest Buddhist group in the UK ...
Freudian slip....

Metta
Being Person

Post by Being Person »

Good day to you propois. I sat down to read the posts since my last post and was distracted from reading with things that I attend to for about an hour so I went for a walk and soaked my feet in a babbling creek. I only got the chance to skim the your post propois that followed mine so if you don't mind I'm going to respond in consideration to the phenomenon I've experienced since rather than reading, so, my reply isn't necessarily only in response to the first post that followed mine.

Firstly, I view what I began experiencing to be cruel beyond evil, as is the cult that still seems to represent the TBC, while I feel I must explain that I haven't yet been able to learn as my energetic body tends to experience a manner of intrusion that I might describe as energetic mutilation. Of issue, I haven't had the time to develop the habit to listen in a way where I can communicate in a manner of which seems most people are familiar. I generally listen innocently, speak innocently and type innocently, so if your willing to proceed in this manner at times please, lets remain engaged.

I spent some time with Chungyam and if you will, please consider his participation, including that I feel it's important to know I had chosen to take the best interests of the people and beings who had been unfortunate as a result of the effect of the, now, TBC and there are a lot more being(')s who are interested in taking up issues pertaining my opinion that whatever it is that's been enacted is in consideration from the standpoint that I view what seems to have been enacted by propis as cruelty beyond evil.

From there please refer to, well a dynamic of beings in reference to Chungyam's position. Oh, I might also include I generally participate in some scope of consideration of what casual is.

I hope my manner of corresponding, so to speak is tolerated and as that I'm informed by the website moderators and given some direction if I may better accommodate my manner of corresponding here.

Also, as a manner of informing people of some of the circumstances that I'm responding to phenomenologically. There are particular human being(')s I reference in consideration of, well, maybe possibly referred to as knowingly of whom anyone wanting to know, will have to either know or ask them personally, if you want to know.

As for Buddhism, I have extended all empowerment to Gautama Buddha concerning of rightly evolving Buddhism. Of reference is a Buddha who attained Buddha-hood 5 kalpas ago.

Also, although I don't know if I'm going to correspond hip-hopishly at any point, while if the moderators feel it's a problem please let me know, as it feels appropriate as a manner of corresponding in reference to Buddhist monks I've watched hip-hop on video. Indirectly being on world tour with the Black Eyed Peas, as I understand the worlds most popular hip-hop band. Of reference, in consideration of respect for mundane manners of spiritual aspiration in consideration of being's who abide of the non-physical realms, as it's just information that I'd like to beautifully incorporate some sense of how to most skillfully proceed concerning such beautiful circumstances.

Of mention as a very dynamic group(s) are included those who were; Jimmy Hendrix, James Morrison, Kurt Kobain, John Balushi, John Lennon, George Harrison, John Coltrain, and may other being(')s who have been delegated in order to assure a global good fortune associated with issues of encouraging global healing in response to climate change.

Something I'd like to explain, I work very well with spontaneity and in that I, as I feel, as a manner of describing, ended up dealing with a lot of things during the course of my journey, so one might consider the fact that, so to speak, there are some new gates to Heaven, as I know, and a dynamic of Angels which include three very well known Ark Angel's and one fairly newly attained Ark Angel whom is learning and protected, as are the being's mentioned above in reference to when they were last human beings and in consideration of similar manners of mention concerning the musician's whom I named.

Oh, and Eve wanted me to mention that She's dating a Persian God, so to vaguely inform.

Also, sometime last winter I established an age of Beauty last winter that is intended to endure for a minimum of 750 years, as to how successfully it is evolved, I ask for your consideration and support in consideration of sensitivities associated with human consciousness, for a length of time of what I now know to be considered an eternity, as rightly established before the time of Eden. Although my schoolarlyness (humor?) is very limited, includs that I was asked not to read any spiritually oriented text about 5 years ago so as to avoid any confusion as to who is responsible to what views have been included.

For those of manners of abiding interested that prefer to participate for greater lengths of time, please refer to the three Ark Angels (representing a large dynamic of Angelic beings) I've mentioned in reference to a starting point of 300,000 years.

My preference is to proceed in consideration of my first responsibility, as I've generally chosen, global healing in consideration of Creation on Earth being endangered. If anyone is interested in challenging me, I only take challenges pertaining to issues associated with global healing and in consideration of who can better help save the world, so to speak. Also of issue is that if I'm challenged differently than I've mention, my manner includes manners of influence upon people and non-physical realms that may extend influencing for 10,000 years and in reference to how I've been and am guided.

So propois, if you and anyone else whose extended intentions that you'd like to withdraw, please do so, and we'll consider it something to the effect of practice.

As for me, I'm in, in one way or another, for 1.5 million years as I now and as guided by Gautama Buddha, for now.

Best wishes,

beauty...

Being Person
lord Guru Being Person
eco-Wuupferdearo
beyond of name ~ Cloud Watcher ~ dallying dollops as affeelial fruition
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Being Person,
Being Person wrote:I hope my manner of corresponding, so to speak is tolerated and as that I'm informed by the website moderators and given some direction if I may better accommodate my manner of corresponding here.
For your reference, here's the...

Terms Of Service
http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Being Person

Post by Being Person »

Thank you very much Retro!

I've been trying to figure out how to say this if someone can help me reword or some revisions maybe as I honestly do feel that what I experience is wrong and quite excessively.

This is a description of one of the drama(')s I'm in part too. Basically, I would say that I'm treated criminally based on my ability to perceive the beings I am embodying and the beings outside of my immediate presence as well as the truth of what the total drama has been in reference to literally me watching beings harm me based on views from around the world and some of the beings I interact, interplay and cooperatively participate with and it's so real for me that it feels really important that a number of people check out what's happening as I haven't been able to stop it and its bad.

It has to do with how some of the beings who did what they did to Jeffery Dammer and I really do think that's it's very worthwhile to organize a very carefully organized cooperative investigation. Based on how I'm guided, gosh, it's so bizarre the circumstances that a lot of beings of notoriety, and quite respectfully, are in. What's awkward is that one of the issues is something someone seems that they..., oops, that's something that happens to me fairly often.

A being in my body not wanting me to share because the being seems to claim it was the being's thought. It's just gone, which is sorta strange how it play's out. What's wrong is that, based on my experience, I don't always conduct my body or my consciousness, in a sense, and I've let go of beings of particular groups of beings of particular representation, pertaining to view, religion and how they reference history and what I do is learn how to resolve indifferences pertaining to how beings reference history in reference to every living human being and what's happening is really awesome, to say the least. It's just that the issues, which I might suggest seem like drama's associated with Creation on Earth in general, are unfolding before my eyes and yes, of course I have biases while the drama is basically being resolved Organisticlyor otherwise, Organisity, defined as "all beings heal in a safe environment".

Something of interest pertaining to what influenced me was Hakomi Psychotherapy, which I completed a two year training. Thus a Taoist influence which is quite beautiful.

What's awesome is that the fertile ground for learning is so amazing as literally, Lao Tzu, unless it's an impostor, and so on, Rumi and Ganesh have a nice adjenda working, if anyone is interested. Basically, one of the drama's is that similar things that have happened to me had happened to Jeffery Dammer, the guy who ate people and the issue is that it's criminal what happened, like, he sorta lost control of his body and mind and was coerced into doing things. What's of speculation pertaining to the drama that I seem to remember reading and understanding that one shouldn't speak about such things while in my case it sorta feels unskillful not to say something about it.

Basically, of issue is that I understood that I attained enlightenment and things are being done to me, my body, my brian, the right side of my head shrinks actually and it feels so profound in the change while it doesn't hurt. Although after the first and second posts I made if felt better and then as time passed I'd begun feeling manners of vibration that feel wrong, like very wrong and it's obvious to me where it comes from and it's happening and if there are some responsible monks, if it's attended to really fast, in a way I can choose them knowingly and it's almost as if you set the intention to participate you'll probably find out some very interestingly as I've been embodying different beings all day pertaining to who are part of the issue. Well, Lao Tzu has just started already and I don't now if the people know who they are. So, if your worthy of knowing, or something to that effect, please extend a conscious decision to participate and hopefully it will become who is known how to very gently address the issues. For example, a being that represents a particular human being, monk, just entered my body and I don't know if the monk knows.

Anyway, of issue is who gets to control my ability to breath. Hmmm, Buddha how about. Could everyone cooperate with Buddha for a little while.

And guess what, we're cooperatively helping Jeffery Dammer feel love in his heart again. Can you imagine the knowing and get this, issues are being addressed in a way where if 100 years from now people are eating other people for lack of food, there is manner awareness that's being cultivated so as to help people cope if such a citation arrises. What's funny is that I just typed someone's name who wanted to let me know he's in my body. It's sorta cool actually. Ronald Regan an I are fraternity brothers and he comforts me when he is here. It's a very beautiful friendship I have with him, sorta just for the sake of it. I love him actually, it's so nice being his friend.

It's like, he want's to say, he hopes that people do what I ask as I have a very good plan to help get people to help save the world. I'd need about 25 K to complete a website that represents an Ark, if that's okay with everyone. Like, what I ended up doing sorta is letting everyone make it us as it's for all time and I sorta prefer the idea about things evolve back to the point of subtle bodies over time, like S. had a teaching about that if I recollect properly. Something to retire with for now maybe. If' you'd like to try, or not, your choice.

Anyway, I agreed to change conditioned reality when the issue arose about 4.5 years ago and it's really cool, can I say that and mean good. Like I encounter a lot of beings before they gain human birth and wow, how ready are they to be guided to help save the world. My knowing tells the story of 300 million children being born by the end of November. Please love them. And then, get this, there are the beings who are going to guide them and I am one of they're teachers. It's so beautiful.

Oh, the Ark, it seems to have something to do with my experiences with gravity. Like, when I look at the stars, gravity adjusts my line of sight and the stars that I'm looking at gently shift. Once there were three spires that arose from the ground while seeming to shake the Earth on it's access. Another time I was sitting on the slope of a mountain all day smoking pot and cigarettes, drinking water and writing poems. When it seemed about 4:30 pm in May, one of the first warm day's and I was going for a little walk. Having just gotten up in about 15 seconds it was past dusk. Which was really strange. I did sorta let go with a frightful wonder I might add.

Anyway. Oh, this is funny. I enacted the intention that I be chosen as a reference person as a manner of creating a one pointedness and ended up taking responsibility for Creation on Earth as I kept making it the issue. It's not like the boss or anything, it's sorta what I'm learning and how cooperations are occurring. I'm acquainted with a being that guides, in some sense of the reality, President Barak Obama. Abraham is sorta doing the Presidential thing with those issues. Ya know, if everyone would like to sorta reference the particular beings in terms of the good things that might occur.

Also, I understand that Indian's manage the generosity side of things and they're working with Mother Theresa if anyone would like to extend some well wishes. I call God the Father of Heaven and Earth, Old Man Compassion, and the beings that took over for Ram, well, that beings is Father Time, in some sense of how I understand things and I refer to Sheva as Old Man Love. Changed it around a little there to make sure there was something in common if my figurative perspective makes any sense.

There is this Prophecy that predates the time of Genesis that I'm familiar with. Very cool. Oh, and Allah I call Old Man Peace. What's strange is the process with me ending up having journeyed to Earth from LIra. A privileged white American, I love this country, a Martyr. Only been out of the country about 50 times having grown up near Canada. I have basically very little education of Islam and martyrdom. What am I going to do what that? My attainment at a Buddhist monastery.

Best wishes,

beauty...

Being Person

PS: Interacting with children being's quite a lot and being a eco-super hero, my eco-super hero power being that "I take the mean out of meaning without being demeaning" and I let them skillfully learn how to heal they're suffering with my body. They share beautifully. Sometimes I teach them how to be bad better, if anyone is good with children. I was myself for Halloween a few years ago and I have a heart that I pinned to my chest with a big BP on it with the Earth in the middle of the heart, an Earth Heart, it's called.
lord Guru Being Person
eco-Wuupferdearo
beyond of name ~ Cloud Watcher ~ dallying dollops as affeelial fruition
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Being Person,

I think we're getting a little off-topic here, don't you think?

:focus:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

PeterB wrote: As to his heirs apologising for Sangharakshita's alleged behaviours. porpoise is quite right, they would be very unwise to do so. Particularly as Sangharakshita who is now in his eighties no longer has a formal role within the former FWBO.
It wasn't just Sangharakshita's "alleged behaviours" that were an issue, the problems were systemic. So let's not rewrite history.

However, that's all in the past and probably best left there. It will be interesting to see how things develop in the future, because despite reservations I do regard the FWBO as an important feature of western Buddhism.

P
Buddha save me from new-agers!