Buddha is fake

Post sayings and stories you find interesting or useful.
alan

Re: Buddha is fake

Post by alan »

Nice try fab.
Until you show some evidence to support your ideas, I'll have to side with Sobeh.
fabianfred

Post by fabianfred »

alan wrote:Nice try fab.
Until you show some evidence to support your ideas, I'll have to side with Sobeh.
I don't get it !!?? Try what??
You speak as if I was trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes and fool them...??
I only copied a story into here and am getting all this flak...
Some people need to lighten up...too skeptical I think.
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

I think fabianfred that we need to tailor our input to our likely audience, and folksy tales dont go down too well on Dhamma Wheel for the most part. Dont take it personally.
Mukunda

Post by Mukunda »

PeterB wrote:I think fabianfred that we need to tailor our input to our likely audience, and folksy tales dont go down too well on Dhamma Wheel for the most part. Dont take it personally.
And exactly what else is supposed to be put in a forum called "Dhammic Stories"? Is it so difficult for those who aren't interested in "folksy tales" to avoid forums where they're likely to be published?
bodom

Post by bodom »

PeterB wrote:I think fabianfred that we need to tailor our input to our likely audience, and folksy tales dont go down too well on Dhamma Wheel for the most part. Dont take it personally.
In the "read" is only the "read"..thus should you train yourselves Dhammawheel members. When for you there will be only the "read" in the "read" then, Dhammawheel members, there is no you in terms of that. When there is no you in terms of that, there is no you there. When there is no you there, you are neither here nor yonder nor between the two. This, just this, is the end of stress."

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
PeterB

Post by PeterB »

I did not comment on Fabianfred's tale. I was offering an explanation for the reactions of those who did.
bodom

Post by bodom »

PeterB wrote:I did not comment on Fabianfred's tale. I was offering an explanation for the reactions of those who did.
I wasn't singling you out Peter. I was offering a "solution" to those who are reacting over a simple story.

Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
MJH

Post by MJH »

Just so people know, I believe that fabianfred has ordained.

I want to ordain..but....debt

Just something to keep in mind when and how we address him. :namaste:
bodom

Post by bodom »

MJH wrote:Just so people know, I believe that fabianfred has ordained.

I want to ordain..but....debt

Just something to keep in mind when and how we address him. :namaste:
Thank you for pointing that out MJH.

- BB
jcsuperstar

Post by jcsuperstar »

i like folksy stories... Thai forest ajahns are full of them, but maybe some readers consider themselves a superior to rural Thai folk, shame, all that self making. ;)
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat
Sobeh

Post by Sobeh »

jcsuperstar wrote:superior to rural Thai folk
The critique is against a method of reasoning, not against a group of people. Your statement is a very disingenuous rendering of the claim.
alan

Post by alan »

Whether or not he has ordained doesn't matter much. The story is boring and pointless.
Mawkish1983

Post by Mawkish1983 »

The Buddha told plenty of stories with really good Dhammic messages, like the mustard seed. I just don't see the point for a story such as this: not from the cannon, not teaching wholesomeness, adhammic.

I just don't get it and I still don't understand what 'Buddha is fake' even means.

I guess I'm not the target audience.
MJH

Post by MJH »

alan wrote:Whether or not he has ordained doesn't matter much. The story is boring and pointless.
Well..... maybe it is, maybe it isn't. That is up to each individual. However, it is important that we respond to monks with respect. And just for the record, I am not singling anyone out. I just wanted it to be known. It seemed that people were getting upset and I didn't want anyone to respond in a manner that they would regret later.
jcsuperstar

Post by jcsuperstar »

we should probably just treat everyone here with respect, :group:
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat