BPS

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
Reductor

BPS

Post by Reductor »

The Buddhist Publication Society website (bps.lk) seems to be down. Is the wheel collection from there available anywhere else on the net in its entirety. Failing the whole collection I am wondering where I can get that Anguttara anthology.

Of course i wonder why the site is down. Sure hope it doesn't stay that way.
mikenz66

Re: BPS

Post by mikenz66 »

Hmm, I noticed this a couple of days ago and thought it was temporary... I hope it's back soon.

Mike
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

It seems to be back online now.

:reading:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Hmm, where?

http://www.bps.lk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

doesn't work for me. Is that the wrong address?
theravada_guy

Post by theravada_guy »

Retro,

Not for me, it's not.
With mettā,

TG
Goedert

Post by Goedert »

Here it is working well fine.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

For me it's working - definitely.

Weird.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Reductor

Post by Reductor »

Still no good for me... are you still unable to access it Mike?
jcsuperstar

Post by jcsuperstar »

works for me too
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

I still can't connect. The DNS at home and and work can't even give me the ip address for bps.lk or http://www.bps.lk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.srilanka.lk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; works fine...

Mike
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Could someone who can connect post the IP address they are connecting to?

E.g. go to a command prompt and type:
ping http://www.bps.lk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and write down the numbers you get out.

Mike
Reductor

Post by Reductor »

Hey Mike,

It appears to be something wrong with our DNS settings. I've changed my DNS address manually on my internet gateway/router thing. That fixed the problem. If you are unable to do so, then you might call your tech support and ask them to set you DNS to a different server, which should set things straight.

Here is the address for bps.lk, but I don't think it'll help to punch it into your address bar.

If you can change your own DNS server address, then you can find an alternative here:
http://www.dnsserverlist.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The servers this page suggested to me appear to work.
Moggalana

Post by Moggalana »

There you go: 68.64.155.11
Let it come. Let it be. Let it go.
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

thereductor wrote: It appears to be something wrong with our DNS settings. I've changed my DNS address manually on my internet gateway/router thing. That fixed the problem. If you are unable to do so, then you might call your tech support and ask them to set you DNS to a different server, which should set things straight.

Here is the address for bps.lk, but I don't think it'll help to punch it into your address bar.

Hmm, that resolves to a computer in California. Strange...

It's not that the DNS on my laptop is messed up. I can login to various servers at work and I have the same problem, so the weirdness has to be someplace else...

Mike
Reductor

Post by Reductor »

mikenz66 wrote:
thereductor wrote: It appears to be something wrong with our DNS settings. I've changed my DNS address manually on my internet gateway/router thing. That fixed the problem. If you are unable to do so, then you might call your tech support and ask them to set you DNS to a different server, which should set things straight.

Hmm, that resolves to a computer in California. Strange...

It's not that the DNS on my laptop is messed up. I can login to various servers at work and I have the same problem, so the weirdness has to be someplace else...

Mike
I'm in Canada, your in NZ... it is unlikely that we have the same DNS yet still, we had the same trouble. As for resolving to California, that is not that strange, as a domain name can point in any direction. The BPS would look for the cheapest servers just like any organization (and there are some huge server banks in CA). However, I changed my DNS and now this site works for me. Pretty simple.

So try with your calling your ISP and ask them to change you to a different DNS server.

Or you can wait and I suspect that this issue will resolve itself at some point in the future.