Going forth

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
Phra Chuntawongso

Going forth

Post by Phra Chuntawongso »

Hi everyone.Just a quick post to let you know whats happening with me at the moment.
Today I am in london(Uk)and tomorrow will fly to Asia where I will begin the process of ordaining.
I have enjoyed my time here at dhammawheel and hopefully I may get the chance at some time to come back and let you know how things are going.I wish you all the best and keep up the great discussions and advice that I have come to enjoy so much.This is a great place for buddhists and I guess some non buddhists to get together,chat,put over their views and some times just down right disagree with each other.
See you all soon.
With metta :thanks:
And crawling on the planets face,some insects called the human race.
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
shjohnk

Re: Going forth

Post by shjohnk »

Brilliant news! May you have every 'success' (sounds bizarre but that's the limitation of our language!) on your path! :buddha2:
Ben

Post by Ben »

All the best Going forth!
Metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

May your jorney be successful! :smile:
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
Goedert

Post by Goedert »

Enjoy the homeless life!

Sadhu!
Phra Chuntawongso

Post by Phra Chuntawongso »

Just a quick word to let you all know that I ordained at the Buddhist hermitage in Malaysia on september 10.
I will stay here as long as I can,but unfortunately it is a hassle renewing visas all of the time and immigration here on the Thai-Malay border are in the habit of only giving 30 day visas instead of the usual 90 days according to other foreign monks.
I will start to look for a temple in Thailand.At least once you have the correct visa it is no hassle staying.
Any Bhantes in Thailand who can recommend a good place please contact me.I would like to have a place where I can study as well as meditate.
With metta,
Nanadhaja
And crawling on the planets face,some insects called the human race.
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
Ytrog

Post by Ytrog »

Wow :o

Good luck. It's wonderful to see that there are still people ordaining these days :D
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.
mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments
If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.
appicchato

Post by appicchato »

Good for you Venerable Nanadhaja…wishing you well finding a temple that you're comfortable in…I'm unable to recommend any one in particular because everyone has their own idea of 'a good place', so suffice to say that one can stand anywhere in the country and be within eyesight of a temple…every one of which one is able to study and meditate…you might start by checking out the link below…

http://www.buddhanet.info/wbd/country.php?country_id=53
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings bhante,
goingforth wrote:Just a quick word to let you all know that I ordained at the Buddhist hermitage in Malaysia on september 10.
With metta,
Nanadhaja
Congratulations on fulfilling your excellent decision.

PM me if you wish to change your user name again.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Viriya

Post by Viriya »

Our best wishes to you, Venerable! :anjali:
I'm not very good at right speech, although I try, so please guide and correct me if necessary so I don't make bad kamma for myself and cause others to be annoyed. (=
Pacific

Post by Pacific »

reading this makes me happy. All the best and may you come quickly to the freedom of Nibbana! :anjali:
pilgrim

Post by pilgrim »

goingforth wrote:Just a quick word to let you all know that I ordained at the Buddhist hermitage in Malaysia on september 10.
I will stay here as long as I can,but unfortunately it is a hassle renewing visas all of the time and immigration here on the Thai-Malay border are in the habit of only giving 30 day visas instead of the usual 90 days according to other foreign monks.
I will start to look for a temple in Thailand.At least once you have the correct visa it is no hassle staying.
Any Bhantes in Thailand who can recommend a good place please contact me.I would like to have a place where I can study as well as meditate.
With metta,
Nanadhaja
Dear Ven,
You may be interested to know that Ven Anandajoti the British? scholar monk is staying quite near you, at Vivekavana monastery, Bukit Mertajam. He may be able to give you useful advice as he has been staying here for quite awhile.