hi from jc...again

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
jcsuperstar

hi from jc...again

Post by jcsuperstar »

moved from the other board....

i performed with some touring Japanese musicians in NYC in 99' and after spending some time with them i became greatly interested in Japanese culture. i had up until this point considered myself a sort of taoist Christian, due to a much older punk rock friend (he was around 30 when i was just 16 and we were friends), he got me interested in taoism, but i was reared Christian. i had struggled with so much of Christianity as it had been presented to me but had a very strong faith, in fact it was this faith that allowed me to doubt certain things (if that makes sense).
well one day i was waiting for my girlfriend (now ex-wife) to get off of work and i sat in a bookstore and read the entire dhammapada (an old translation, which today i wouldn't even consider reading, but i think for me as a Christian the king james tone of the translation was probably a good thing)

my world was shaken.

and nothing was ever the same again....

and here's a bit more about me via my myspace
I meditate. I try to live as simply as I can. I write poetry. make music (sometimes). I have two cats. I'm trying to learn Thai. I try to exercise everyday. I have tattoos and wear glasses. I don't own a T.V. but have hundreds of books. a philomath.
Okay, stuff you may want to know about me or know me from: In the 90's i sang and played guitar in punk bands, I do experimental electronic music and have had many CDs released all over the world including work I did with Thurston Moore (sonic youth), I was published a few times, I scored a few films produced by Kim Henkel (Texas Chainsaw Massacre) and I published independent/underground zines (& comix!) from 1994-2003 interviewing bands such as blink 182, AFI and Greenday, as well as people like Noam Chomsky and Deepak Chopra.
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat
retrofuturist

Re: hi from jc...again

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings JC,

Lovely to have you here... and your avatar is a good match with the decor!

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
jcsuperstar

Post by jcsuperstar »

i've got a tattoo of it as well!
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi JC!
Great to see you made the move over!
Cheers

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

jcsuperstar wrote:i've got a tattoo of it as well!
Thanks for mentioning my book you ordered in the previous forum we were at and cool tattoo ! ! ! :)
jcsuperstar

Post by jcsuperstar »

TheDhamma wrote:
jcsuperstar wrote:i've got a tattoo of it as well!
Thanks for mentioning my book you ordered in the previous forum we were at and cool tattoo ! ! ! :)
no prob, if you do anymore i'd proof read for you if you need it...
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ