High sodium diet, no exercise, stress taking its toll.

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
cooran

Re: High sodium diet, no exercise, stress taking its toll.

Post by cooran »

Hello Ben,

Yes! I remember that. hmm...

O.K. …. I looked further into it. Apparently Queenslanders DO pay via The Community Ambulance Cover levy which is collected by electricity retailers and suppliers as below. Currently it is $109.05 per annum spread over all the accounts for the year.
http://www.ambulancecover.qld.gov.au/general.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry to drag this off Individuals’ health issues
:focus:

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Hi Individual,

sorry to hear you are not feeling well.

Your situation could be a harmless malfunction, perhaps due to stress, caffeine and perhaps a lack of magnesia, but also symptoms of a heart attack. Then your condition will get worse if you don't get proper treatment.

If you take my advice, go and turn yourself into a hospital on the spot. Worry about the money later.

I heard from Americans this summer that the reform was unnecessary because poor people always get treated for free.

Perhaps Americans can tell you more here, since we have mandatory health care, and only have to worry about -nothing actually.

Try to drink liquids, preferrably isotonics. Stay well hydrated. If you can get a hold of magnesia, supplement, but i would recommend seeing a doctor immediately.

I hope it is just a short phase of unwellness.

My best wishes. :hug:

Annapurna
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Hi, to give you an idea what prices are in our healthcare:

Short counseling: 8,20 Euros.

20 minutes 16.40....

resting ECG: 27, 83 Euro...
Individual

Post by Individual »

Today, I don't feel so bad. I think I had a bad reaction to all the caffeine I had been drinking. Now, I'm having headaches, but the chest pain is mostly gone.
Annapurna wrote: I heard from Americans this summer that the reform was unnecessary because poor people always get treated for free.
This isn't true. Some states offer more or less healthcare benefits than others. Federally (the national government), there are programs, but they're limited to children, the elderly, and the disabled. I think that emergency room care may also be covered if the patient is unable to pay for it, but advanced medical procedures and preventative care are not covered. If you break a leg and need surgery, they will stabilize your condition and then send you out the door with a broken leg.
Annapurna wrote: Try to drink liquids, preferrably isotonics. Stay well hydrated.
Actually, this is bad advice because drinking a lot of water can raise your blood pressure.
The best things in life aren't things.

The Diamond Sutra
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Individual wrote:Today, I don't feel so bad. I think I had a bad reaction to all the caffeine I had been drinking. Now, I'm having headaches, but the chest pain is mostly gone.
Annapurna wrote: I heard from Americans this summer that the reform was unnecessary because poor people always get treated for free.
This isn't true. Some states offer more or less healthcare benefits than others. Federally (the national government), there are programs, but they're limited to children, the elderly, and the disabled. I think that emergency room care may also be covered if the patient is unable to pay for it, but advanced medical procedures and preventative care are not covered. If you break a leg and need surgery, they will stabilize your condition and then send you out the door with a broken leg.

:o
Annapurna wrote: Try to drink liquids, preferrably isotonics. Stay well hydrated.
Actually, this is bad advice because drinking a lot of water can raise your blood pressure.
"Well hydrated" means drinking enough, but not too much. Not overhydrated. Middle path. :smile: Nothing bad will happen then.

However, if you don't drink enough, it has very bad effects on your blood.

Coffee is not a perfect liquid, (as you may have learned) ;) so I suggest isotonics, juices or water...

Glad to hear you are feeling better.
Individual

Post by Individual »

Annapurna wrote: Glad to hear you are feeling better.
Yes, I am.

I've improved my diet the past few days, cut down on my anxiety level, and the pain is much less, almost completely gone.

I appreciate all the thoughtful advice here.

The Diamond Sutra
alan

Post by alan »

Start exercising, then. I'll show you how to do it.
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

After a few days without pains.
m0rl0ck

Post by m0rl0ck »

You might be interested in this http://www.hulu.com/chow-down" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; its about diet and health generally, and gives details on how Cleveland Clinic doctors cured heart disease using only diet.
“The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.” ― Robert M. Pirsig
Shonin

Post by Shonin »

I'll just say that I really appreciate having the National Health Service.
alan

Post by alan »

I can show you how to exercise. Just ask. I'm pretty good at it.
I also know about healthy eating. Use me! I'm here to help.
Individual

Post by Individual »

Annapurna wrote:After a few days without pains.
Not just no pain. I've felt pleasure in my chest too. :)

Reclining too much -- having a really horrible posture too much, always laying down -- seemed to have been a major cause.

Doing karate kicks in the morning gets the chi flowing.

The Diamond Sutra
alan

Post by alan »

No, it doesn't.
Individual

Post by Individual »

alan wrote:No, it doesn't.
Yes it does :tantrum:

The Diamond Sutra
Luke

Post by Luke »

Hi Individual,

You could also try meditating to relax and lower your blood pressure even more.

Simply sit with good posture and focus on relaxing each time you breath out. Breathe naturally through your nose only. Do absolutely nothing when you breath in. Enjoy the simplicity of doing almost nothing. Don't be afraid to enjoy it. It should feel like coming home.

Then think of something which makes you feel a lot of love and compassion and focus on that for a while. There is a definite correlation between emotions and health. The emotion called love is very good for your body.

Also eating tomatoes is fantastic for your body. They do so many good things to the body that scientists can barely document them all yet.
http://temp.healthfood-guidecom.officel ... efits.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another thing is that the amount of financial assistance a hospital gives to poor people varies by hospital. I used to live in NH and there one hospital gave me a 100% financial assistance card because I was so poor. So I didn't have to pay for anything except the medicine I had to buy from a pharmacy when I had pneumonia.

I hope you get well soon.

TEYATA OM BEKANDZE BEKANDZE MAHABEKANDZE RADZA SAMUNGATE SOHA