Regarding the absence of "JCSuperstar"

The latest news and updates about the Dhamma Wheel forum.
Ben

Re: Regarding the absence of "JCSuperstar"

Post by Ben »

Hi Bhante

I suspect that obituary was written by his parents who are staunch christians. I don't think they accepted his Buddhism.
kind regards

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
AlaskanDhamma

Post by AlaskanDhamma »

So sorry for not getting back with everyone here sooner. Yes, unfortunately James did pass away a few days after my origin post. So many things have been going on in my personal life that I never got the chance to post again here. Thanks again for all your support and comforting words. James' wife Anoma and his family appreciated all of them. Some of them were even read aloud at the funeral. We must all take a moment to recognize his passing, but take care not to dwell on it for fear of the suffering it can cause. He is off caring for many others in his next life no doubt. May he live peacefully in that life.

:anjali:
"Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace." -Buddha
Phra Chuntawongso

Post by Phra Chuntawongso »

At this point in time I really would like everyone to send metta to JC's family.
I am especially thinking of his parents now that Ben has pointed out that they are staunch christians.
We all know the christian belief about needing to accept Jesus in your life,and the belief in the consequences of not doing this.
They must be feeling tormented about JC's chosen path.
I hope they do not dwell too much on where he may have gone.
And crawling on the planets face,some insects called the human race.
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
Ben

Post by Ben »

Venerable, earlier a friend and I had exactly the same thought.
It was pleasing to come from meditation to see your post.
May James' family be free from misery, the afflictions of grief, confusion, and despair.
May they find peace, happiness and liberation.
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Dhammakid

Post by Dhammakid »

Goodness gracious, this is terrible news. I'm so sorry I'm responding so late.

May James' family be free from suffering, grief, confusion and despair.
May they, in time, accept the impermanence of all conditioned phenomena.
May they delight in the life of such a wonderful person instead of grieving for his death.

May James find a peaceful rebirth.
May his transition be easy.
May he gain the opportunity to continue teaching the Dhamma.
May he find further progression along the path.

(saw this quote on tv the other day: "We can cry for his death or we can smile for his life.")

Dhammakid
sattva

Post by sattva »

I didn't really know James, but having lost family members and Dharma friends, I understand how some of you may be feeling. Sending metta....
http://www.chatzy.com/25904628501622
mettafuture

Post by mettafuture »

I should probably check on announcements more often. :(

This is terrible news.

I wish him peace and metta from this life into the next.

:meditate:
Raga Mala

Post by Raga Mala »

Wah, I am speechless.

Had no idea this had occurred. Silly that I happened to visit a forum I'd not been on in months to hear this news.

I met James a few times. He was an extremely warm and genuine person, and he loved the Dhamma. Doubtless he has a few positive rebirths in store.

Best wishes to James' family and all.
"It is easier to shout 'STOP!' than to do it." -Treebeard
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Raga Mala wrote:Wah, I am speechless.

Had no idea this had occurred. Silly that I happened to visit a forum I'd not been on in months to hear this news.

I met James a few times. He was an extremely warm and genuine person, and he loved the Dhamma. Doubtless he has a few positive rebirths in store.

Best wishes to James' family and all.
Unquestionably, he was one of the good guys. He is, indeed, missed.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Sanghamitta

Post by Sanghamitta »

He is. :heart:
The going for refuge is the door of entrance to the teachings of the Buddha.

Bhikku Bodhi.
Prasadachitta

Post by Prasadachitta »

I am thankful for his practice and thankful to Eknow him. May he and his loved ones be well.

Gabe
"Beautifully taught is the Lord's Dhamma, immediately apparent, timeless, of the nature of a personal invitation, progressive, to be attained by the wise, each for himself." Anguttara Nikaya V.332
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

Birthdays are great days, they are always her to remember the gift we have been given by an other person.

I didn't knew him, but here are a lot of people who like to celebrate: JCSuperstar

So party for JCSuperstar where ever he may be around actually!
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
bodom

Post by bodom »

Happy Birthday JC...

Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

May JC be well wherever he is (surely in some deva realm)
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Modus.Ponens wrote:May JC be well wherever he is (surely in some deva realm)
Better a human realm in a Dhamma practicing family.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723