Bounty-hunters-wrong livelihood? Or a good job?

Buddhist ethical conduct including the Five Precepts (Pañcasikkhāpada), and Eightfold Ethical Conduct (Aṭṭhasīla).
Annapurna

Re: Bounty-hunters-wrong livelihood? Or a good job?

Post by Annapurna »

Alright Hanzze. no problem.

But it seems you think that bounty hunter captives arrive in custody injured?

What do you base your information on?

I had never heard of Bounty hunting before I watched "Dog" on TV.

He doesn't seem to injure people at all.

But I have seen violent American policemen on TV.
Ytrog

Post by Ytrog »

I've read that being a policeman isn't considered right livelihood as well as it might include having to use violence and hurt people. If this is the case (that is is wrong livelihood) then being a bounty hunter would be even worse.
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.
mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments
If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

_/\_
Last edited by Hanzze on Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

_/\_
Last edited by Hanzze on Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

Yes, Hanzze. I can.

But I hardly ever catch or discipline with the body.

;)
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

_/\_
Last edited by Hanzze on Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just that! *smile*

Annapurna

Post by Annapurna »

No problem, your concern is justified!

Certain situations are more conducive to breeding violence than others!

In harmless jobs you don't get as many opportunities to slip as in more violent ones.

Say, is this a Gorilla baby on your avatar? It's cute. :smile:
Ytrog

Post by Ytrog »

Hanzze wrote:
Ytrog wrote:I've read that being a policeman isn't considered right livelihood as well as it might include having to use violence and hurt people. If this is the case (that is is wrong livelihood) then being a bounty hunter would be even worse.
The is a lot written, but what is your idea? Is it possible to keep precepts and walk the eightful path wile being a policeman. It is not the question how one really acts in fact. Also a monk can live a live against right livelihood but monkshood provides maybe the best possibility for it.

Is it possible as policeman or bodyhunter if you are not a superhuman.
No, I think the job of policeman will demand that you break some precepts sooner or later.
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.
mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments
If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.