Where can I find out about the forum icons?

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
Prasadachitta

Where can I find out about the forum icons?

Post by Prasadachitta »

Can someone post what all the different thread states mean. Sometimes there is a red star and sometimes the text is moving and so on. I am referring to the icons next to thread titles. Also any other useful user information would be welcome.

Thanks

Gabriel
"Beautifully taught is the Lord's Dhamma, immediately apparent, timeless, of the nature of a personal invitation, progressive, to be attained by the wise, each for himself." Anguttara Nikaya V.332
Tex

Re: Where can I find out about the forum icons?

Post by Tex »

Icons with stars added are threads that you have posted on.

Best as I can tell, the text starts scrolling to indicate a hot topic based on a certain amount of posts (20 maybe?).

And you'll notice that when you read a thread the icon changes to black when you go back to the forum page -- it changes back to red when a new post has been added to the thread since you last clicked on it.
"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -- Heraclitus
retrofuturist

Re: Where can I find out about the forum icons?

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

What Tex says about the icons is correct as far as I can tell.

We've also introduced a non-standard "moved" symbol, which is an arrow pointing the right, because the standard "moved" symbol was far too similar to the other ones.

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."