An Enlightened Being...

Exploring Theravāda's connections to other paths - what can we learn from other traditions, religions and philosophies?
Ytrog

Re: An Enlightened Being...

Post by Ytrog »

I supect that this is a drive-by posting to advertise the blog and the poster not to be seen again.
I think you're right and somehow I hope it is. We need somewhat serious people here, not the nutcracks. :cookoo:
I would want to refer to point 4.

Btw. It would be surf-by posting :P
Suffering is asking from life what it can never give you.
mindfulness, bliss and beyond (page 8) wrote:Do not linger on the past. Do not keep carrying around coffins full of dead moments
If you see any unskillful speech (or other action) from me let me know, so I can learn from it.
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

Beware of pejustice. Face them as a teacher while teaching. Or as a student while learning, may be a good view to go on.
Nothing teaches more than dislike.
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Hanzze wrote:Beware of pejustice. Face them as a teacher while teaching. Or as a student while learning, may be a good view to go on.
You seem to have a disliking for dislike, given that this is a theme of yoursours.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

tiltbillings wrote:
Hanzze wrote:Beware of pejustice. Face them as a teacher while teaching. Or as a student while learning, may be a good view to go on.
You seem to have a disliking for dislike, given that this is a theme of yoursours.
Dear Friend! Thanks for remind me, you are 100% right that it is a left attachment of dislike, but I guess it is only mad of compassion. Let me continue and I will find out.
Just that! *smile*
...We Buddhists must find the courage to leave our temples and enter the temples of human experience, temples that are filled with suffering. If we listen to Buddha, Christ, or Gandhi, we can do nothing else. The refugee camps, the prisons, the ghettos, and the battlefields will become our temples. We have so much work to do. ... Peace is Possible! Step by Step. - Samtach Preah Maha Ghosananda "Step by Step" http://www.ghosananda.org/bio_book.html

BUT! it is important to become a real Buddhist first. Like Punna did: Punna Sutta Nate sante baram sokham _()_
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Hanzze wrote:
tiltbillings wrote:
Dear Friend! Thanks for remind me, you are 100% right that it is a left attachment of dislike, but I guess it is only mad of compassion. Let me continue and I will find out.
Damdifino what you mean here.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

Dear Friend, I always ask myself: Was it dislike of dislike that the Buddha had taught?
Last edited by Hanzze on Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just that! *smile*

tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Hanzze wrote:Dear Friend, I always ask myself: Way it dislike of dislike that the Buddha had taught?
Sure.

Hanzze

Post by Hanzze »

Dear Friend,
so I post to find out what is right "dislike" (compassion) and what is dislike attached with "self", "I", "mine"

He did not taught out of a dislike of dislike.
Just that! *smile*

tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Hanzze wrote:. . . right "dislike" (compassion) . . .
Not a clue as to what you mean here, but compassinately do not explain it to me. I'll live with the mystery of it.

lojong1

Post by lojong1 »

tiltbillings wrote:
Not a clue as to what you mean here, but compassinately do not explain it to me. I'll live with the mystery of it.
Oh Hanzze, you make me weak in the knees. :heart:
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

lojong1 wrote:
tiltbillings wrote:
Oh Hanzze, you make me weak in the knees. :heart:
Have fun together, you two. I think I'll go someplace a little less odd.

plwk

Post by plwk »

People who claim full or near full enlightenment tend to have several common characteristics;

1. The need to proclaim it to the world. :sage:
2. The need to mention that they don't care if you don't believe them. :cookoo:
3. The need to bash other teachers, usually those who rejected them or told them they were delusional.
4. The need to defend their so called "enlightenment"
5. Sooner or later they end up doing: :tantrum:

Then they are exposed and then they drift away, never or very rarely seen again.

There is a good saying to use in response to people who make these claims:

"How's that enlightenment working out for you?"
Perhaps...
6. A test of my mind's wisdom and compassion for them...
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

A good place to end this.