I like dhammawheel.

A place to discuss casual topics amongst spiritual friends.
Mawkish1983

I like dhammawheel.

Post by Mawkish1983 »

I'd like to share this thought: I like dhammawheel.

It seems more welcoming, warm, friendly and open than other forums I have used.

So, to the creators and contributors of dhammawheel: thank you :)
retrofuturist

Re: I like dhammawheel.

Post by retrofuturist »

Thanks Mawkish... I like it too.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
adeh

Post by adeh »

So do I.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Its great to see DhammaWheel develop into something that is of real benefit to practitioners and those interested in the Theravada.
It is due to everyone involved, not least our 'regular' members, that we have such a brilliant site. Thank you to you all.
Metta

Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Individual

Post by Individual »

Mawkish1983 wrote:I'd like to share this thought: I like dhammawheel.

It seems more welcoming, warm, friendly and open than other forums I have used.

So, to the creators and contributors of dhammawheel: thank you :)
It's the best Buddhist forum I've found yet. Other forums are more active, but this forum is active enough and the knowledge of the posters here is what makes it so nice.
The best things in life aren't things.

The Diamond Sutra
appicchato

Post by appicchato »

Individual wrote:It's the best Buddhist forum I've found yet.
Ditto...
pink_trike

Post by pink_trike »

appicchato wrote:
Ditto...
Double ditto....
Vision is Mind
Mind is Empty
Emptiness is Clear Light
Clear Light is Union
Union is Great Bliss

- Dawa Gyaltsen

---

Disclaimer: I'm a non-religious practitioner of Theravada, Mahayana/Vajrayana, and Tibetan Bon Dzogchen mind-training.
jcsuperstar

Post by jcsuperstar »

i think its a matter of practice makes perfect....

i like it here too!
สัพเพ สัตตา สุขีตา โหนตุ

the mountain may be heavy in and of itself, but if you're not trying to carry it it's not heavy to you- Ajaan Suwat
nathan

Post by nathan »

Practice yes, and we will all be there together at Carnegie Hall. :smile:

I am really enjoying the forum and appreciating everyone else who is here very much. It has been very pleasant and fun so far. I think I will continue to feel this way so long as I can behave myself. :smile:

I like the free for all forum and others here because I don't think I have complete confidence in what I think or how I write as much as I would like so I like to only read in forum areas where I think complete and consistent accuracy with right understanding is most desirable and necessary. It isn't that I like to argue only that I don't want to have the burden of being considered an authority and it wouldn't be appropriate to create any impression that I have everything figured out until I do. I am learning all the time, just like all of us. There is a nice balance of forums and people here for doing just that.
But whoever walking, standing, sitting, or lying down overcomes thought, delighting in the stilling of thought: he's capable, a monk like this, of touching superlative self-awakening. § 110. {Iti 4.11; Iti 115}
nathan

Post by nathan »

appicchato wrote:(edit...double post... :computerproblem: )
Venerable Appicchato, perhaps I should unload my laptop with you when I no longer need it. It isn't too bad. Although I realize the icon may not represent the equipment you have available but some part of your network. I have the same difficulties sometimes because of my remote location and shaky connection to the net. I hope the problem improves for you.
:coffee:
But whoever walking, standing, sitting, or lying down overcomes thought, delighting in the stilling of thought: he's capable, a monk like this, of touching superlative self-awakening. § 110. {Iti 4.11; Iti 115}
thornbush

Post by thornbush »

pink_trike wrote:
appicchato wrote:
Ditto...
Double ditto....
Third ditto...
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

I also like Dhammawheel
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Prasadachitta

Post by Prasadachitta »

:group:
"Beautifully taught is the Lord's Dhamma, immediately apparent, timeless, of the nature of a personal invitation, progressive, to be attained by the wise, each for himself." Anguttara Nikaya V.332
Tex

Post by Tex »

thornbush wrote: Third ditto...
Quadruple!

I think the fact that the site is so open to feedback from members, and even allows the feedback to be public, is a good thing that will serve it well as the site continues to grow. I also appreciate the fact that no reasonable topic is off-limits provided it is discussed in the appropriate forum.
"To reach beyond fear and danger we must sharpen and widen our vision. We have to pierce through the deceptions that lull us into a comfortable complacency, to take a straight look down into the depths of our existence, without turning away uneasily or running after distractions." -- Bhikkhu Bodhi

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -- Heraclitus
appicchato

Post by appicchato »

nathan wrote:
appicchato wrote:(edit...double post... :computerproblem: )
Venerable Appicchato, perhaps I should unload my laptop with you when I no longer need it. It isn't too bad. Although I realize the icon may not represent the equipment you have available but some part of your network. I have the same difficulties sometimes because of my remote location and shaky connection to the net. I hope the problem improves for you.
:coffee:
Thank you nathan...nice of you to offer...I'm 'working' off of a laptop also, and it's more to do with the connection (I think) rather than the gear, or possibly even a combination of the two...fortunately I don't turn red, or pitch anything, it (the smiley) just seems to fit...

Be well... :smile: