Good news today

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
Hoo

Good news today

Post by Hoo »

Hi everyone,

Some of you know that I had a brain tumor removed this past spring and have been on cancer treatment ever since. Today was the second big checkup and it was clean. There was no sign of the tumor or any new growth. I'll remain on cancer treatment for many months, with major checkups every three months, because that is the treatment that seems to work best. So it looks like the treatment is working well.

Hoo, who may have time to finish reading the Suttas after all :)
mikenz66

Re: Good news today

Post by mikenz66 »

Great News!
Keep reading... :reading:

:anjali:
Mike
Viscid

Post by Viscid »

Hoo wrote:Hi everyone,

Some of you know that I had a brain tumor removed this past spring and have been on cancer treatment ever since. Today was the second big checkup and it was clean. There was no sign of the tumor or any new growth. I'll remain on cancer treatment for many months, with major checkups every three months, because that is the treatment that seems to work best. So it looks like the treatment is working well.

Wow, awesome news. I don't even want to imagine the distress you've gone through. Glad you're recovering!
"What holds attention determines action." - William James
Ben

Post by Ben »

Congratulations, Hoo!
Great news indeed!
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

Great news! :smile:
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
Paññāsikhara

Post by Paññāsikhara »

Wow! Actually, I didn't know about the brain tumor issue, but this is wonderful news! :group:
My recently moved Blog, containing some of my writings on the Buddha Dhamma, as well as a number of translations from classical Buddhist texts and modern authors, liturgy, etc.: Huifeng's Prajnacara Blog.
alan

Post by alan »

Didn't know either, but share your happiness at this wonderful development!
Phra Chuntawongso

Post by Phra Chuntawongso »

:group: :woohoo: :clap:
And crawling on the planets face,some insects called the human race.
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
cooran

Post by cooran »

Wonderful and marvellous news Hoo! :clap:

May you be free of mental and physical pain,
May you have happiness and the Causes of happiness.

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
bodom

Post by bodom »

Great news Hoo! Congratulations! Much Metta to you and yours!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Vepacitta

Post by Vepacitta »

So happy to hear you've gotten the all-clear Hoo!

Best,

V.
I'm your friendly, neighbourhood Asura
tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings »

Good on you.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723
Hoo

Post by Hoo »

Thanks, evereyone, for your kind words and wishes.

It's interesting to note that there was no "self" visble in the MRI or any of the other tests. But there was clearly a brain there, which pretty well shot what the wife says from time to time :)

Hoo
BlackBird

Post by BlackBird »

Hey Hoo

Really good news, hope the treatment continues well and you get the green light man!

metta
Jack
"For a disciple who has conviction in the Teacher's message & lives to penetrate it, what accords with the Dhamma is this:
'The Blessed One is the Teacher, I am a disciple. He is the one who knows, not I." - MN. 70 Kitagiri Sutta

Path Press - Ñāṇavīra Thera Dhamma Page - Ajahn Nyanamoli's Dhamma talks
Khalil Bodhi

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Hoo,

We've never met but I'm happy for you. May you live a long life and taste the fruits of the deathless!
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com