Hello everyone! :)

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Omit

Hello everyone! :)

Post by Omit »

Greetings from Germany! :hello:

This forum already helped me a lot in the past as a beginner, so today I decided to become an official member. :smile:

I came to Buddhism after a long spiritual journey at the beginning of 2021 and the Theravada way resonated the most with me. I finally feel home. Sadly, I don't have a local sangha/teacher in my area, so I'm basically on my own for now (+ books, dhammatalks on Youtube and online communities).
I already have a question in mind regarding my meditation-practice, but I will create an extra thread for that in the dedicated subforum soon.
If you have any questions about me, feel free to ask.

Thank you everybody and "Hi!" :hug:
Sam Vara

Re: Hello everyone! :)

Post by Sam Vara »

Hi Omit, and welcome to Dhamma Wheel! :anjali:
Mr. Seek

Post by Mr. Seek »

Welcome fellow solo practicioner!
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

Welcome :hello:
“When there are words, there is the fetter of birth and death. When words do not exist, there is nirvāṇa. Those who have words have birth, death, arising and cessation; those who have no words have no birth, no death, no arising and no cessation.”

EĀ 30:1
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

Hi Omit :hello:

One can learn a lot about Buddhism on one's own, but since we filter everything through our deluded understanding, this learning isn't 100% reliable. And when it comes to figuring out what's truly important for me right now, and practicing it, it gets even trickier.

Some teachers mentor people online, with a possibility of a visit. This is really worth investigating, in my opinion.

All the Best!!!

_/|\_

Theravada ist wirklich toll und ich wünsche Ihnen alles Gute beim Eintauchen in diese reiche Tradition.
_/|\_
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

Ontheway

Post by Ontheway »

Hi.
I love the art style of your profile picture.
"Vibhajjavādo kho ahamettha, māṇava; nāhamettha ekaṁsavādo." - Buddha (Subha Sutta MN99)
Omit

Post by Omit »

Thank you all for the warm welcome! :heart:

Dan74 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:51 pm
Some teachers mentor people online, with a possibility of a visit. This is really worth investigating, in my opinion.

All the Best!!!

_/|\_

Theravada ist wirklich toll und ich wünsche Ihnen alles Gute beim Eintauchen in diese reiche Tradition.
Yeah I agree. Having some kind of online-teacher would be really helpful. I'm not sure if there is something like that in the German-speaking sphere of the Internet (especially Theravada... I feel thats a rare thing over here). Working one-on-one with an English speaking teacher might be a bit overwhelming for me. Writing is okay, but complex talking... I'm not sure. It might work :shrug:

Danke für den netten Kommentar! :anjali:
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

Welcome! :hello: