Hi from France, a Sakyapa Buddhist.

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Rudra Chakrin

Re: Hi from France, a Sakyapa Buddhist.

Post by Rudra Chakrin »

DiamondNgXZ wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:04 am
Rudra Chakrin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:59 am
Have you read the criticism of Major Henry Olcott of Theosophy, for creating Buddhism from scratch in Sri Lanka, based upon his Westernized version of so-called Buddhism?

That criticism of all traditional forms of Buddhism such as Tantra, Mahayana and Mantrayana by the Theravada created by Westerners of the Theosophical Society seems to be nothing but mistaken, misguided, missionary zealotry. Would that be right to say that, in your opinion?

Please share your impressions about that information.
Dweller

Post by Dweller »

Moshiach of Judaism will also start his mission at Tiberias, where you mentioned Gog and Magog will drink from the lake.

So they should watch not to cross each other's paths.

Jesus also spent a lot of time there, maybe he too comes to the party.

:)
Rudra Chakrin

Post by Rudra Chakrin »

Dweller wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:05 pm Moshiach of Judaism will also start his mission at Tiberias, where you mentioned Gog and Magog will drink from the lake.

So they should watch not to cross each other's paths.

Jesus also spent a lot of time there, maybe he too comes to the party.

:)

The killer-jab has wiped out Israel. It's China. The Chinese Army created the COVID and spread the terror worldwide to force the jab upon everybody and destroy the world. The evil COVID docs from the whole world financed the Wuhan Chinese Army virus COVID. Now we reveal both Gog Antichrist and the Messiah (don't use the names Kalachakra or Shambhala on this forum because it's not right to do so on this one.) :spy:
Bundokji

Post by Bundokji »

Rudra Chakrin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:56 pm What you say about Ismailism is interesting, because you must know that all the sources we now read, have been rewritten by historians since the events occurred. Likewise as the Sufi Mevlevi (Shama-i Tabrizi and Rumi) and the Nizari Shiites, the Ismailis' history was rewritten by the same people. Who rewrote the history of Shiism, Ismailism and Islam? The Nizaris are the Ismailis, you know....different names for the same sect.
Ismailism to Islam is akin to vajrayana to Buddhism in the sense that they emphasize the esoteric, they can use unorthodox methods to use achieve their ends, they value secrecy and do not reveal certain aspects of their teachings to other sects and they believe in reincarnation which is quite alien from the mainstream understanding by the majority of Muslims. One would have thought that the similarities would have spared them the destruction by Hulago, but he attacked their stronghold in Alamut in Iran two years before invading Baghdad, where destruction of Ismaili religious texts were not spared.

The Ismailis were a pain for the Abbasids, and one particular Sufi-Sunni scholar had a very critical view of them "Imam Al Ghazali". To destroy the foundation of anything, you will have to attack the correspondence between name and form which is what Buddhists usually do, and which was the main tactic of the Ismailis to justify the distinction between esoteric and exoteric readings of Quran where the former is only understood by the Imam (and other enlightened beings according to their standards). I have not read the critique, but encountered some reflections about it which is in essence "you can't hold them accountable to the rules of debate".

I thought if Holagu is to be reincarnated as a Muslim, he would choose to be an Ismaili.
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

This was the last word of the Tathagata.
DiamondNgXZ

Post by DiamondNgXZ »

Rudra Chakrin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:04 pm
Rudra Chakrin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:59 am
Have you read the criticism of Major Henry Olcott of Theosophy, for creating Buddhism from scratch in Sri Lanka, based upon his Westernized version of so-called Buddhism?

That criticism of all traditional forms of Buddhism such as Tantra, Mahayana and Mantrayana by the Theravada created by Westerners of the Theosophical Society seems to be nothing but mistaken, misguided, missionary zealotry. Would that be right to say that, in your opinion?

I think it's a valid form of reformation of sorts to go back to the earliest sources and distill Buddhism to the purest form: sutta and vinaya. Both texts are still unaltered, not changed by any reformers. So it's possible to reconstruct the practise at the time of the Buddha. There's also the living Sangha tradition, which the lay reformers couldn't touch, thus the Vinaya is properly passed down. Within the Vinaya, monks aren't supposed to do fortune telling, palmistry, etc. So if there's any monks who does it, it can be seen as corruption.

A lot of Early Buddhist movements now are also supported by non westerns and lead by non westerns too, so I don't think it's any issue of western influence.
Rudra Chakrin

Post by Rudra Chakrin »

Bundokji wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:02 pm
Rudra Chakrin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:56 pm
Ismailism to Islam is akin to vajrayana to Buddhism in the sense that they emphasize the esoteric, they can use unorthodox methods to use achieve their ends, they value secrecy and do not reveal certain aspects of their teachings to other sects and they believe in reincarnation which is quite alien from the mainstream understanding by the majority of Muslims. One would have thought that the similarities would have spared them the destruction by Hulago, but he attacked their stronghold in Alamut in Iran two years before invading Baghdad, where destruction of Ismaili religious texts were not spared.

The Ismailis were a pain for the Abbasids, and one particular Sufi-Sunni scholar had a very critical view of them "Imam Al Ghazali". To destroy the foundation of anything, you will have to attack the correspondence between name and form which is what Buddhists usually do, and which was the main tactic of the Ismailis to justify the distinction between esoteric and exoteric readings of Quran where the former is only understood by the Imam (and other enlightened beings according to their standards). I have not read the critique, but encountered some reflections about it which is in essence "you can't hold them accountable to the rules of debate".

I thought if Holagu is to be reincarnated as a Muslim, he would choose to be an Ismaili.
I can't say much about Ismailism and the Fatimids of Egypt. But what my research has shown me is that, by the names of Shams that fit with the Tibetan prediction about the King of Shambhala, both Shams-i Tabrizi and Shams al-Din (Nizari), fit with being Hulagu under different names. The dates and places they lived are the identical same as those of Hulagu.

So Bundokji, it looks like Hulagu took over both Sufism (Sunnism) and Shiism. It's nothing new that leaders take over religious roles. And Hulagu was the Great Leader of Islamic Iran and the whole Hulagid Empire which covered the region from Turkey all the way through to Pakistan. I think that what happened was the Buddhist Hulagu became the Supreme Leader of a Muslim Empire and adapted himself to the role of prophet and Messiah. He must have practiced his Buddhism for himself privately, but outwardly he played the role of a Muslim.

Indeed, he needed to please and appease the Muslim subjects of his kingdom so as to calm down the doubts, due to his eradicating Baghdad and killing the Caliph there. 8-)
Rudra Chakrin

Post by Rudra Chakrin »

DiamondNgXZ wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:47 pm
If you're against fortune telling that's a good thing.
bpallister

Post by bpallister »

Bundokji wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:01 pm
Rudra Chakrin wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:03 pm I can't say I've got the same degree of certainty about Obama as you have. I wish I had. I don't think what I post is nonsense. It's proven, and as far as Christianity having something to do with Buddhism, there's a tendency to make boxes and see everything through the tinted lenses of one tradition or another but that's not necessarily the historical case: I have one example which was the Mongol Conquest of the world, where all the religions were gathered under one leader and given the exact same status and freedom to practice.

The Mongol Khan that carried out such a unity of all faiths, was the leader who defeated the Caliph and spread the creed of the King of Shambhala. He's the prophesied Messiah of Buddhists but also of Christians.

The signs of this king being the messianic prophet of all faiths, is backed up by astounding research that I'd like to share with you people here. Thank you for that. I'm really happy to share these things with you all. :yingyang:
Welcome back. :hello:

To get into practicalities, what should we do with that knowledge you came to share (regardless of its accuracy)? Should be wary of an upcoming Chinese invasion? should we store food? dig up tunnels to protect ourselves from a nuclear war?
Follow the 8fold path :)
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

Rudra Chakrin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:13 am
Dan74 wrote: Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:20 am
alan wrote:
Yes Dan, the "much boasted" so-called rational thinking of the West.
The Tibetans make predictions using their prayer beads.
Their predictions are very accurate.
So say you what?
Did you get your theories from prayer beads? If not, I say that it has nothing to do with all that you are asserted.

Frankly, my friend, it seems to me that you suffer from a mental illness, because you assert a bunch of wild outrageous claims, offering no proof of any, except to say that you can prove it. Who communicates like that? Who expects others to believe them?

Look carefully at your life. Is it a Dharmic life, where you treat yourself and others with care, respect and wisdom, where you contribute to your own and other people's liberation?

Do these ideas bring you peace? Do they help anyone?
_/|\_
Dweller

Post by Dweller »

I think it's a valid form of reformation of sorts to go back to the earliest sources and distill Buddhism to the purest form: sutta and vinaya. Both texts are still unaltered, not changed by any reformers. So it's possible to reconstruct the practise at the time of the Buddha. There's also the living Sangha tradition, which the lay reformers couldn't touch, thus the Vinaya is properly passed down. Within the Vinaya, monks aren't supposed to do fortune telling, palmistry, etc. So if there's any monks who does it, it can be seen as corruption.

A lot of Early Buddhist movements now are also supported by non westerns and lead by non westerns too, so I don't think it's any issue of western influence.
Reformer Olcott is a hero of Sinhalese Buddhist revival with statues and streets named after him in Sri Lanka.

Dweller

Post by Dweller »

Dan74 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:21 am
Dan74 wrote: Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:20 am
So say you what?
Did you get your theories from prayer beads? If not, I say that it has nothing to do with all that you are asserted.

Frankly, my friend, it seems to me that you suffer from a mental illness, because you assert a bunch of wild outrageous claims, offering no proof of any, except to say that you can prove it. Who communicates like that? Who expects others to believe them?
Same could be said about founders of almost every religion in the history of humanity though.

Some of the most widespread have much more harmful ideas and more eccentric way in which they were revealed.
Rudra Chakrin

Post by Rudra Chakrin »

Dweller wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:48 am

Reformer Olcott is a hero of Sinhalese Buddhist revival with statues and streets named after him in Sri Lanka.

Olcott and Theosophy were at the heart of Colonial India. They did a lot in making Buddhism known in the West but they made up so much crap, it's almost a joke the kind of tripe they spewed. A la "Kipling, and Mowgli". In Germany, Hitler was a fan of their's.
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

Dweller wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:30 am

So say you what?

Same could be said about founders of almost every religion in the history of humanity though.

Some of the most widespread have much more harmful ideas and more eccentric way in which they were revealed.
It's a bit of a cliche that there isn't much difference between a prophet and a madman, but actually there is. Do you really think that our friend Rudra belongs with the founders of great religions? There is a reason why their teachings have survived millennia and miscellaneous rants on a message board will vanish into the electronic oblivion.
_/|\_
Dweller

Post by Dweller »

Dan74 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:39 pm

It's a bit of a cliche that there isn't much difference between a prophet and a madman, but actually there is. Do you really think that our friend Rudra belongs with the founders of great religions? There is a reason why their teachings have survived millennia and miscellaneous rants on a message board will vanish into the electronic oblivion.
I would feel more safe to talk with Rudra about his beliefs, than with many of the followers of some of the great religions.

With some of the founders, I would surely remain silent.
Rudra Chakrin

Post by Rudra Chakrin »

Dweller wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:30 pm
Dan74 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:39 pm
I would feel more safe to talk with Rudra about his beliefs, than with many of the followers of some of the great religions.

With some of the founders, I would surely remain silent.
Dweller I don't think you were here seven years ago when the first article of this thread was posted by Sincerely Yours.

The OP was about Obama and a miraculous event in the lottery that was being announced everywhere in Chicago (a #666 draw on Obama's acceptance speech-day.)

Day after win Obama lottery 666

I added links to the video's text-message.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDIcvoIaoG8

In terms of fortune-telling and omens, it's 100% proof that Obama's the actual Biblical Antichrist.

Buddhists here don't want to accept signs sent from heaven. I don't know why. The Bible says many signs of the Apocalypse will precede it and anyone who pays attention can see the signs. That's what the Bible says. There are numerous predictions of the end times in Buddhism as well... so I don't see why Western Buddhists are not more attentive to prophecy. It's as if Western Buddhists don't want Buddhism to evolve and flourish in the Modern World. They want to live in the past it seems. Closed in on themselves. That's one sign of obstacles that arise during meditation. The mind becomes heavy and dark. One should run and move around and relax so as to shake off that obstacle. (Say the texts.) :namaste: I pray for all beings in the world to be happy and free. I pray for as much happiness as is literally possible to be given to all beings in a compassionate pov.