Hello! I am Buddhistboy

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Buddhistboy

Hello! I am Buddhistboy

Post by Buddhistboy »

Hello to all Buddhists,

Homage to the Buddha, Dhamma and the Sangha.
I am Buddhistcleric. I am a Theravada Buddhist layman. I recognize almost all types of Buddhism and I pay respect to them.

I am have not been active in any type of forums / discussions online before so I am learning whiles making my minor contribution.

The main thing I expect from Dhamma Wheel is to get new ideas and strategies on how to propagate Buddhism.

Regards,
Buddhistcleric
Last edited by DNS on Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: uername changed to buddhistboy at user's request
'Buddhistboy' is my username, even though I want to make it perfectly clear that I am not a boy. I am an adult.
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Hello! I am Buddhistcleric

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:popcorn:
lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor »

How can a layman be a cleric, isn't that a direct contradiction in terms??
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/
Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto »

Hi Buddhist cleric,
Welcome Aboard :anjali:
have you checked out the sister site Dharmawheel (link at bottom of page)? you may find the input there interesting also.
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Buddhistboy

Post by Buddhistboy »

Homage to the Triratna

The username 'Buddhistcleric' is nothing more than just a username. Thats why I use the term as 'Buddhistcleric' rather than 'Buddhist cleric'. I made myself clear during my introduction that I am a layman so that others wont misunderstand.

And yes dear venerable sir I have checked out Dharmawheel. I have considered joining it at some point in the future.

Thanks,
Buddhistcleric
'Buddhistboy' is my username, even though I want to make it perfectly clear that I am not a boy. I am an adult.
pilgrim

Post by pilgrim »

Welcome, there is a dhammaduta section tucked away here
http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewforum.php?f=36
James the Giant

Post by James the Giant »

Buddhistcleric wrote:Homage to the Triratna

The username 'Buddhistcleric' is nothing more than just a username. Thats why I use the term as 'Buddhistcleric' rather than 'Buddhist cleric'. I made myself clear during my introduction that I am a layman so that others wont misunderstand.

ic
Welcome to the site.
People who do not read this introduction post of yours explaining that although your name is Buddhistcleric, you are not actually a buddhist cleric... They're going to think you are a Buddhist Cleric. In my opinion that's quite misleading, and I think you should choose a name that isn't going to make people think you are, in fact, a buddhist cleric.
How about "Buddhist Layman", since you said yourself you are a layman?
Then,
saturated with joy,
you will put an end to suffering and stress.
SN 9.11
Buddhistboy

Post by Buddhistboy »

Homage to the Enlightened beings,

Thanks for the link pilgrim. I ve made some entries on some of the discussions.

Hi James, I ve added a signature to my posts and as you know it will appear as a subtitle under each and every entry I have made / I will make, so that people wont misunderstand me. Signatures are obviously there to be read rather than ignored so all those who come across my entries will know that I am not a monk / priest.

with Metta,
Buddhistcleric
waterchan

Post by waterchan »

Hi Buddhistcleric, and welcome.

Not to be sarcastic, but I imagine if I changed my username to BuddhistBhikkhu, I would not get many positive reactions despite what my signature might say.

Of course, your username is entirely your choice. :anjali:
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
(Anything in Latin sounds profound.)
Buddhistboy

Post by Buddhistboy »

Im trying to change it, but it seems I cant. My email [email protected] which I opened up many years back. So I thought it was appropriate to have the same username in Dhamma Wheel. Had I seen these sorts of responses coming my way I would have never used this username.
Last edited by DNS on Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: username changed to Buddhistboy by admin
Buddhistboy

Re: Hello! I am Buddhistboy

Post by Buddhistboy »

Homage to the Buddha,

With the help of David (The Admin) my username was changed from 'Buddhistcleric' to 'Buddhistboy'.
I dont think anyone will find a problem with this username.
Hopefully when I become a priest I can start using 'Buddhistcleric' again (That was a joke).