Hi from France, a Sakyapa Buddhist.

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Rudra Chakrin

Re: Hi from France, a Sakyapa Buddhist.

Post by Rudra Chakrin »

alan wrote: Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:52 am Actually, President Obama is a Christian. You would know that if you took the time to think, instead of posting nonsense.
As for the number on lottery tickets, that is irrelevant and ridiculous. But then again, If you're dumb enough to believe Christian prophesy has anything to do with Buddhism, you can believe anything.
As I told earlier I'm not a religious fundie but instead a university scholar and I translate Tibetan religious texts from the original Tibetan to French and French to Tibetan.

But being smart doesn't mean one cannot feel devotion and fervor. It also does not mean one cannot see miracles. Miracles are an important part of the religious experience. The miraculous event of 666 coming up in the lottery in Obama's home state, on the same day as his acceptance speech, qualifies him to be the Antichrist, and it also qualifies that lottery draw of 666 to be a heaven-sent miracle.

Could I send a very good video by a scholarly Christian pastor (Pastor Carl Gallups - PPSimmons on You TUbe) talking about those events? Its very instructive and I'm sure it could help many in this thread frame the main ideas that this topic brings up.

Obama - The Lottery and 666 - You have GOT TO SEE THIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTxQvC7Yhmc :sage:
Rudra Chakrin

Post by Rudra Chakrin »

alan wrote: Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:52 am Actually, President Obama is a Christian. You would know that if you took the time to think, instead of posting nonsense.
As for the number on lottery tickets, that is irrelevant and ridiculous. But then again, If you're dumb enough to believe Christian prophesy has anything to do with Buddhism, you can believe anything.
I can't say I've got the same degree of certainty about Obama as you have. I wish I had. I don't think what I post is nonsense. It's proven, and as far as Christianity having something to do with Buddhism, there's a tendency to make boxes and see everything through the tinted lenses of one tradition or another but that's not necessarily the historical case: I have one example which was the Mongol Conquest of the world, where all the religions were gathered under one leader and given the exact same status and freedom to practice.

The Mongol Khan that carried out such a unity of all faiths, was the leader who defeated the Caliph and spread the creed of the King of Shambhala. He's the prophesied Messiah of Buddhists but also of Christians.

The signs of this king being the messianic prophet of all faiths, is backed up by astounding research that I'd like to share with you people here. Thank you for that. I'm really happy to share these things with you all. :yingyang:
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

Welcome
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
Bundokji

Post by Bundokji »

Rudra Chakrin wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:03 pm I can't say I've got the same degree of certainty about Obama as you have. I wish I had. I don't think what I post is nonsense. It's proven, and as far as Christianity having something to do with Buddhism, there's a tendency to make boxes and see everything through the tinted lenses of one tradition or another but that's not necessarily the historical case: I have one example which was the Mongol Conquest of the world, where all the religions were gathered under one leader and given the exact same status and freedom to practice.

The Mongol Khan that carried out such a unity of all faiths, was the leader who defeated the Caliph and spread the creed of the King of Shambhala. He's the prophesied Messiah of Buddhists but also of Christians.

The signs of this king being the messianic prophet of all faiths, is backed up by astounding research that I'd like to share with you people here. Thank you for that. I'm really happy to share these things with you all. :yingyang:
Welcome back. :hello:

To get into practicalities, what should we do with that knowledge you came to share (regardless of its accuracy)? Should be wary of an upcoming Chinese invasion? should we store food? dig up tunnels to protect ourselves from a nuclear war?
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

This was the last word of the Tathagata.
Rudra Chakrin

Post by Rudra Chakrin »

Bundokji wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:01 pm
Rudra Chakrin wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:03 pm I can't say I've got the same degree of certainty about Obama as you have. I wish I had. I don't think what I post is nonsense. It's proven, and as far as Christianity having something to do with Buddhism, there's a tendency to make boxes and see everything through the tinted lenses of one tradition or another but that's not necessarily the historical case: I have one example which was the Mongol Conquest of the world, where all the religions were gathered under one leader and given the exact same status and freedom to practice.

Welcome back. :hello:

To get into practicalities, what should we do with that knowledge you came to share (regardless of its accuracy)? Should be wary of an upcoming Chinese invasion? should we store food? dig up tunnels to protect ourselves from a nuclear war?
We should go out and spread the news right away. That's the Bible. In the Kalachakra of Tibetan Buddhism, it says the Warriors of Shambhala shall join behind their leader the King of Shambhala. That's the roadmap Bundokji. Drop what you're doing.

Now for the hard part: brace for this impact.

A Mongol king called Hulagu marched out from Mongolia, to put down Baghdad and generally the Middle East. He was mandated by his brother Mongke Khan: they were Genghis Khan's grandchildren. Hulagu put down Baghdad, razed the city and destroyed the Caliph, putting Islam back to where it could never regain it's splendor ever again. This terrible truth is the truth of the Kalachakra because it's proven, it's known. And you read this in Wikipedia itself. But Hulagu was a man of peace and love as well. He protected the Christians in Baghdad, as his wife and mother were fervent Eastern "Nestorian" Christians.

But Hulagu then went on to found the dynasty of Hulagids in Iran that rule still today and ruled from Turkey to Pakistan. Under him, all faiths were protected, from Christians, to Jews and Muslims etc...

Where is the mysterious land of Shambhala talked about by the Tibetans?

Sham is the traditional name for a region reaching from Israel to Syria and Lebanon. (Bilad al-Sham). Hulagu's capital was in Maragheh in Iranian Azerbaijan which is part of that Sham region. The Kalachakra was written 70 years after Hulagu's death and is clearly inspired by his feats of war.

The defeat of the "King of Baghdad" is clearly described in the Kalachakra. Clearly that's the Caliph.

But as Hulagu was a Buddhist king under the gurus of the Kagyupa School of Tibet, his rule as the leader for all sects of Christianity and Islam within his immense dominions was not easy to sustain, and more compatible personalities had to be set in place where he'd be a Christian to Christians and a Muslim to Muslims. In short, he had to have "PR". So a legendary King of Shambhala persona was created so he could be that leader within his kingdom. That persona is based upon the name of King of Shambhala. Now, I don't mean that he invented the persona of the King of Shambhala, but rather his three personalities were loosely created for the needs of his various believers, by using the name of that land of Sham, and the Tibetans called it Shambhala.

Indeed, flabbergasting research showed me that indeed two people in the same place as Hulagu's capital of Margheh bear that name of Shambhala. And both are not little people of no importance,: they are both heirs to Muhammed and prophets predicted to be the Messiah of Islam. Their astounding names are Shams-i Tabrizi, the legendary founder of the Mevlevi Sufi Sect. The other one is Shams al-Din (Nizari) the hidden imam, and heir to the large shiite sect of the Nizaris. These are clearly pseudonyms for Hulagu.

Indeed, the dates are the same as Hulagu's and the places they lived in are the same places as Hulagu: Maragheh, Tabriz, Khoy, Urmia etc... their paths crisscross during their whole lives and their places of death are shrouded in mystery. Because they didn't die seeing they're pseudonyms. There was just one and he's Hulagu.

His tomb is certainly the famous Shams-i Tabrizi tomb in Khoy, the tomb of the Messiah.

To me, the names of the above two Shams were created during the centuries to evoke Hulagu's "under the surface" influence upon the spiritual traditions within his Iranian/Middle East kingdoms. Hulagu's descendants converted to Islam after the fourth generation, so that's why you get this composite King of Shambhala (who starts out as a Buddhist but ends up being the Messiah of all faiths INCLUDING ISLAM!!!!! Hair-raising!!!!!! Bt still the Buddhist Hulagu at the root, living on through the ages UNDESTRICUTIBLE. THUNDERBOLT.)

So what are we Buddhists looking at? We have a Buddhist disciple called Hulagu, who was also the acclaimed-by-the-Christians messiah, who had saved the Christians from Baghdad (and gotten them rid of the weak and corrupt Caliph, who had leeched upon them during 650 years, oppressing them under his heavy rule.)

Hulagu is thus the Messiah of Buddhism, aka the King of Shambhala. (He's predicted to reincarnate in our days.) Add to that, the fact that I consider to be indisputable that he's the hidden Messiah of several Muslim sects, and what you have is none other than the universal Messiah that the Kalachakra indeed rightly described. :focus:

An astounding parallel, apart from the two Shams pseudonyms for Hulagu, is also the name of a god called Baalshamin, from the Palmyria area of Syria (which is in the land of Sham) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baalshamin "Baalshamin" is Shambahala backwards. He's the god of sky the "Lord of Heaven" and is the same as Zeus i.e. he holds a thunderbolt. Tibetan Buddhism is the Thunderbolt Path. aka Vajrayana/Mantrayana.
Bundokji

Post by Bundokji »

Rudra Chakrin wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:33 pm We should go out and spread the news right away. That's the Bible. In the Kalachakra of Tibetan Buddhism, it says the Warriors of Shambhala shall join behind their leader the King of Shambhala. That's the roadmap Bundokji. Drop what you're doing.

Now for the hard part: brace for this impact.

A Mongol king called Hulagu marched out from Mongolia, to put down Baghdad and generally the Middle East. He was mandated by his brother Mongke Khan: they were Genghis Khan's grandchildren. Hulagu put down Baghdad, razed the city and destroyed the Caliph, putting Islam back to where it could never regain it's splendor ever again. This terrible truth is the truth of the Kalachakra because it's proven, it's known. And you read this in Wikipedia itself. But Hulagu was a man of peace and love as well. He protected the Christians in Baghdad, as his wife and mother were fervent Eastern "Nestorian" Christians.

But Hulagu then went on to found the dynasty of Hulagids in Iran that rule still today and ruled from Turkey to Pakistan. Under him, all faiths were protected, from Christians, to Jews and Muslims etc...

Where is the mysterious land of Shambhala talked about by the Tibetans?

Sham is the traditional name for a region reaching from Israel to Syria and Lebanon. (Bilad al-Sham). Hulagu's capital was in Maragheh in Iranian Azerbaijan which is part of that Sham region. The Kalachakra was written 70 years after Hulagu's death and is clearly inspired by his feats of war.

The defeat of the "King of Baghdad" is clearly described in the Kalachakra. Clearly that's the Caliph.

But as Hulagu was a Buddhist king under the gurus of the Kagyupa School of Tibet, his rule as the leader for all sects of Christianity and Islam within his immense dominions was not easy to sustain, and more compatible personalities had to be set in place where he'd be a Christian to Christians and a Muslim to Muslims. In short, he had to have "PR". So a legendary King of Shambhala persona was created so he could be that leader within his kingdom. That persona is based upon the name of King of Shambhala. Now, I don't mean that he invented the persona of the King of Shambhala, but rather his three personalities were loosely created for the needs of his various believers, by using the name of that land of Sham, and the Tibetans called it Shambhala.

Indeed, flabbergasting research showed me that indeed two people in the same place as Hulagu's capital of Margheh bear that name of Shambhala. And both are not little people of no importance,: they are both heirs to Muhammed and prophets predicted to be the Messiah of Islam. Their astounding names are Shams-i Tabrizi, the legendary founder of the Mevlevi Sufi Sect. The other one is Shams al-Din (Nizari) the hidden imam, and heir to the large shiite sect of the Nizaris. These are clearly pseudonyms for Hulagu.

Indeed, the dates are the same as Hulagu's and the places they lived in are the same places as Hulagu: Maragheh, Tabriz, Khoy, Urmia etc... their paths crisscross during their whole lives and their places of death are shrouded in mystery. Because they didn't die seeing they're pseudonyms. There was just one and he's Hulagu.

His tomb is certainly the famous Shams-i Tabrizi tomb in Khoy, the tomb of the Messiah.

To me, the names of the above two Shams were created during the centuries to evoke Hulagu's "under the surface" influence upon the spiritual traditions within his Iranian/Middle East kingdoms. Hulagu's descendants converted to Islam after the fourth generation, so that's why you get this composite King of Shambhala (who starts out as a Buddhist but ends up being the Messiah of all faiths INCLUDING ISLAM!!!!! Hair-raising!!!!!! Bt still the Buddhist Hulagu at the root, living on through the ages UNDESTRICUTIBLE. THUNDERBOLT.)

So what are we Buddhists looking at? We have a Buddhist disciple called Hulagu, who was also the acclaimed-by-the-Christians messiah, who had saved the Christians from Baghdad (and gotten them rid of the weak and corrupt Caliph, who had leeched upon them during 650 years, oppressing them under his heavy rule.)

Hulagu is thus the Messiah of Buddhism, aka the King of Shambhala. (He's predicted to reincarnate in our days.) Add to that, the fact that I consider to be indisputable that he's the hidden Messiah of several Muslim sects, and what you have is none other than the universal Messiah that the Kalachakra indeed rightly described. :focus:

An astounding parallel, apart from the two Shams pseudonyms for Hulagu, is also the name of a god called Baalshamin, from the Palmyria area of Syria (which is in the land of Sham) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baalshamin "Baalshamin" is Shambahala backwards. He's the god of sky the "Lord of Heaven" and is the same as Zeus i.e. he holds a thunderbolt. Tibetan Buddhism is the Thunderbolt Path. aka Vajrayana/Mantrayana.
Thank you for the interesting input. I live in al sham by the way.

The Islamic version of what you are referring to is Al Imam Al Madi. I am almost certain that you, as a scholar, have encountered his name. The name Shambala is not familiar in Arabic, and the name Shams means literally (the sun). Bilad Al Sham was invented through reference to the sun, but it is used just as a name that has nothing to do with the sun. In Arabic, Shams is not a plural of Sham.

The significance of the hidden Messiah or the Imam is more prominent amongst Shia than Sunni Muslims. Many believe that the smaller signs for his appearance already happened. Some liken Gog and Magog to the Chinese hidden behind the great wall of China. Some prophecies say they will drink from the lake of Tiberias (located in modern Israel) before the emergence of the Messiah. Recently, China made deals in the billions with Iran.

There are some Greek mythologies about Zeus, Prometheus and Atlantis. These can be somehow linked to Buddhist beliefs about an Island, where people had psychic powers and advanced sciences, which could have triggered some war with the Asuras. Before reading your input, i was not aware of a Buddhist version of apocalypse.
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

Aloka

Post by Aloka »

Dharma Wheel Mahayana/Vajrayana forum is the best place to discuss Kalachakra, Shambhala etc.

https://www.dharmawheel.net/index.php?s ... 1435dce265

:anjali:
Rudra Chakrin

Post by Rudra Chakrin »

Bundokji wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:25 pm
Rudra Chakrin wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:33 pm
Bundokji,

Apparently the words Shambhala and Kalachakra raise warning signs on this forum.
Do you know where we could go to talk about it? I'll follow you.

In this thread, I'll just answer the people who answered me, about the topics they chose to bring up.

Bundokji, we can talk at another place if you wish, seeing as the explanation of Shambhala and Kalachakra look like they're are not going to happen here. We're living in very dire times. So indeed, Shambhala is very needed. We've seen the crumbling of the Democrat Fraud, and also Trump's been a disappointment. The role of China taking over the world has been achieved through Wuhan. The massive vaxxing worldwide was orchestrated by the Chinese Army spreading the Corona-Terror and false rumors. They drank at Tibetrias? Yes. China managed to get all of Israel massively vaxxed. They've brought Israel to it's knees. I'd really like to talk to you here Bundokji, but Obama's got his Obots trolling and there are also China forces doing monitoring here. They're the awful, horrible Islam-loving Leftists. We'll have to obey them. The end times are here so it's very important to talk about this now and everywhere.

Why don't you talk to me about Obama and the 666 Mark, which is what triggered most people in this thread. That's got nothing to do with Shambhala and has been very popular with posters here. :?:
Rudra Chakrin

Post by Rudra Chakrin »

Rudra Chakrin wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:33 pm
Bundokji wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:01 pm
Bundokji,

I'd really be interested in knowing what Muslims in Iran for example or in Syria say about Hulagu. I know he's often considered as the Plague of God because he destroyed Baghdad. But what do the Iranians say, seeing he founded their modern Iranian Dynasty: the Hulagids. What's the link between the old (Buddhist) Hulagids and modern Iran?

We should talk Bundo. I wrote about many very interesting things like Hulagu's mixed Christian and Buddhist kinship. The links to the Nizari Shiites and Sufi Mevlevis is also crucial to understanding these topics. This isn't a "whirlwind topic" which we just treat as a drive-by take-away. These are vitally important topics, relating to the world. These are vital in these times of overwhelming loss of liberty from (Chinese...) vaxxers, jabbing everybody they see.

It's not possible to talk about these topics under this pressure of censors. Tell me how to format this discussion seriously, far away from politics and sectarian prejudice.
Rudra Chakrin

Post by Rudra Chakrin »

Dan74 wrote: Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:20 am
alan wrote:
Yes Dan, the "much boasted" so-called rational thinking of the West.
The Tibetans make predictions using their prayer beads.
Their predictions are very accurate.
So say you what?
Rudra Chakrin

Post by Rudra Chakrin »

pilgrim wrote: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:20 am classic Apophenia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This topic is not about Shambhala and Kalachakra...good. The Bible is full of Apophenia. hehehe! The Jews of olde really were schizos, you say? From what I see, every move the prophets made they'd check and counter check with the omens about what course to take. They used lots that they drew so as to question heaven and the gods and so as get their opinion. In fact, it was the rule. Any marriage, travel, house's building, any decision had to be taken only once the omens and augurs' consultations had been made.

Buddhists should know that. Maybe you're not Buddhist. :idea: I'm consulting the omens right now about what I'm having for lunch. I love to consult the oracles. Oracles rock heavily!
Bundokji

Post by Bundokji »

Rudra Chakrin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:47 am I'd really be interested in knowing what Muslims in Iran for example or in Syria say about Hulagu. I know he's often considered as the Plague of God because he destroyed Baghdad. But what do the Iranians say, seeing he founded their modern Iranian Dynasty: the Hulagids. What's the link between the old (Buddhist) Hulagids and modern Iran?
The Mongol invasion of Baghdad is portrayed negatively as an invasion that brought nothing in terms of culture or knowledge except destruction. It is said that the Tigris river ran black for many days due to the amount of books the Mongols threw in it. At that time, Baghdad was the capital of the Abbasid caliphate and the rulers used to spend a lot of money on translating books which were all gone through Hulago's invasion. You might be surprised that the mongols a

I do not know much about how Iranian perceive Hulagu's invasion, but what is strange is that Hulago also destroyed Isma'ilism while invading Iran which is in many ways very similar to Tibetan Buddhism in the sense that they emphasize the esoteric and their imam is similar to guru.

If you want to talk more, please feel free to PM me, but to be clear, i am not knowledgeable and have not studied any of these topics in depth.

DiamondNgXZ

Post by DiamondNgXZ »

Rudra Chakrin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:59 am

Buddhists should know that. Maybe you're not Buddhist. :idea: I'm consulting the omens right now about what I'm having for lunch. I love to consult the oracles. Oracles rock heavily!
Maybe you should study the Pali canon to get a sense of what proper Buddhism is?

https://suttacentral.net/sn19.14/en/suj ... ript=latin

This sutta says a fortune teller has bad future rebirth and consequences.

To be fair, commentary says: “Maṅgulitthi. Spk glosses: maṅgulin ti virūpaṃ duddasikaṃ bībhacchaṃ. She deceived people, accepting scents and flowers, telling them they could become rich by performing certain rites. She caused the multitude to accept a bad view, a wrong view. Thus she herself became foul-smelling because of taking scents and flowers, and ugly because of making them accept a bad view.”

Anyway, one of the core Buddhist doctrine is kamma, which rejects fate. If there's no fate, it's hard to believe in fortune telling.

Another Buddhist principles which can help you is to see cause + conditions = effect. What you're suggesting is very far flung, almost illogical causation links. What's convincing to people is if you can provide the social, psychological, political, economical cause and effect chains.

However, from your posts, it's likely that you're one of the poor people who is very prone to developing wrong views due to low wisdom, unable to differentiate between what's proper cause and effect chains and what's not. Conspiracies are just a coping mechanism for seeing the world to be different from what one wants and is uncontrollable. It's good to try to meditate more, develop your wisdom, common sense to see clearly that conspiracies are not the way to the ending of all suffering, which is the goal of Buddhism. So if you call yourself Buddhist, do practise the proper path instead of wasting time creating more stories and proliferations.
Rudra Chakrin

Post by Rudra Chakrin »

DiamondNgXZ wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:04 am
Rudra Chakrin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:59 am
Maybe you should study the Pali canon to get a sense of what proper Buddhism is?

https://suttacentral.net/sn19.14/en/suj ... ript=latin

This sutta says a fortune teller has bad future rebirth and consequences.

To be fair, commentary says: “Maṅgulitthi. Spk glosses: maṅgulin ti virūpaṃ duddasikaṃ bībhacchaṃ. She deceived people, accepting scents and flowers, telling them they could become rich by performing certain rites. She caused the multitude to accept a bad view, a wrong view. Thus she herself became foul-smelling because of taking scents and flowers, and ugly because of making them accept a bad view.”

Anyway, one of the core Buddhist doctrine is kamma, which rejects fate. If there's no fate, it's hard to believe in fortune telling.

Another Buddhist principles which can help you is to see cause + conditions = effect. What you're suggesting is very far flung, almost illogical causation links. What's convincing to people is if you can provide the social, psychological, political, economical cause and effect chains.

However, from your posts, it's likely that you're one of the poor people who is very prone to developing wrong views due to low wisdom, unable to differentiate between what's proper cause and effect chains and what's not. Conspiracies are just a coping mechanism for seeing the world to be different from what one wants and is uncontrollable. It's good to try to meditate more, develop your wisdom, common sense to see clearly that conspiracies are not the way to the ending of all suffering, which is the goal of Buddhism. So if you call yourself Buddhist, do practise the proper path instead of wasting time creating more stories and proliferations.
Sorry, I understand what you're saying. We misunderstood each other. I'm not in any way discounting the true Buddhist path.
I'm a 50-year Buddhist religious myself and did five years of Tibetan at Paris University.
I'm not some nitwit non-believer.
I'm just explaining that knowing Tibetan culture as closely as I do, (I speak and translate Buddhist texts French to Tibetan) I see that Buddhist countries like Thailand and Burma, all practice the various arts of divination with zeal and enthusiasm. I was saying nothing more and in no way discounting Buddhism in any way or form. Indeed, I was merely responding to the general condemnation of supernatural signs that some had aired earlier in the thread. 6 YEARS have gone by since those posters posted though. So it may not even be given any answer to (if those people no longer are posting at the forum....?)
Rudra Chakrin

Post by Rudra Chakrin »

Bundokji wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:20 am
Rudra Chakrin wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:47 am I'd really be interested in knowing what Muslims in Iran for example or in Syria say about Hulagu. I know he's often considered as the Plague of God because he destroyed Baghdad. But what do the Iranians say, seeing he founded their modern Iranian Dynasty: the Hulagids. What's the link between the old (Buddhist) Hulagids and modern Iran?
The Mongol invasion of Baghdad is portrayed negatively as an invasion that brought nothing in terms of culture or knowledge except destruction. It is said that the Tigris river ran black for many days due to the amount of books the Mongols threw in it. At that time, Baghdad was the capital of the Abbasid caliphate and the rulers used to spend a lot of money on translating books which were all gone through Hulago's invasion. You might be surprised that the mongols a

I do not know much about how Iranian perceive Hulagu's invasion, but what is strange is that Hulago also destroyed Isma'ilism while invading Iran which is in many ways very similar to Tibetan Buddhism in the sense that they emphasize the esoteric and their imam is similar to guru.

If you want to talk more, please feel free to PM me, but to be clear, i am not knowledgeable and have not studied any of these topics in depth.
excerpt from above....
"You might be surprised that the mongols a"

Can you please finish that sentence? I'm interested.

Yes, I know what's said about Hulagu and that that's how he's seen officially in history books. But as with the glass that's half filled and half empty, each side sees itself as the one with the rightful position. I have the humility of not claiming to be trying to be balanced. Rather instead, I take each side's position in their own perspective and confront those positions for the better or the worse. No "kid gloves" there. I think that's the most unbiased I can honestly position myself to be.

The Bagdad Sack was payback for the Burning of Nalanda in India by the Muslims (just 50 years prior to Baghdad). Do you know Nalanda? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nalanda

Tit for tat went on between the Mongols and other people in the whole world. The Mongols themselves embraced all the faiths of the world. So the Mongol cousins warred among themselves for not respecting each others' faiths. Hulagu himself was a Buddhist but his cousin Berke Khan was a Muslim. So Hulagu's downfall was caused by a Muslim who was also his own cousin Berke. Therefore, we see that the religious differences were nothing, compared to the strife within the family, between tribes and clans and cousins.

What you say about Ismailism is interesting, because you must know that all the sources we now read, have been rewritten by historians since the events occurred. Likewise as the Sufi Mevlevi (Shama-i Tabrizi and Rumi) and the Nizari Shiites, the Ismailis' history was rewritten by the same people. Who rewrote the history of Shiism, Ismailism and Islam? The Nizaris are the Ismailis, you know....different names for the same sect.

Hulagu's descendants rewrote the history and sources. (and they were Muslims by that time.. while theyw ere of course still venerating their forefather Hulagu [albeit in secret.... because of his record of destroying Baghdad].) It's simple math. The survivors always rewrite history. Once you win a battle,then you get to rewrite history. "Simple as that". Hulagu was survived by (and passed on his inheritance to -) 22 children from 11 wives. Iran's country today is still Hulagu's country and political institution.

I'm no specialist of Islam, I've just read about Islam from afar, as an interested Buddhist. What part of Sham are you from, friend? South or north-Lebanon?

The prophecy of Shambhala is the same as the Christian Apocalypse. So this equating of Hulagu with the Messiah is a thunderbolt jolting Islam, Christianity and Buddhism alike.

Jews are awaiting the Messiah you know and there's a young boy called Natan who made a viral video announcing the Messiah is among us now and Obama's Gog. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe08-NUTqTc

So Hulagu must also be the Messiah of Judaism and he's reincarnating today says the Kalachakra. :rofl: