Hey there!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
TLCD96

Hey there!

Post by TLCD96 »

Hello Dhammawheel! :anjali:

My name's Tony. I'm 21 years old, from the suburbs north of Chicago, and I've been practicing Buddhism for around four years. I think there are many ways to explain how I got into Buddhism, but I think it all boils down to the basic desire to be happy. And of course, it all started with a sense that happiness can't really be found "out there", if you know what I mean.

Perhaps the reason why I'm here is just so I can establish a connection with some fellow practitioners. That's why this forum is here, isn't it? It's hard to doubt the Buddha's words on spiritual friendship being the whole of the holy life. It can do wonderful things.

So, greetings to you all! Hope to meet some good friends here.
All of us are bound by birth, aging, and death.
retrofuturist

Re: Hey there!

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Tony,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

:thumbsup:
The Thinker

Post by The Thinker »

Hello Tony
"Watch your heart, observe. Be the observer, be the knower, not the condition" Ajahn Sumedho volume5 - The Wheel Of Truth
DC2R

Post by DC2R »

Welcome, Tony!
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB