Hello

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Mr. Seek

Hello

Post by Mr. Seek »

Joined recently because some of the discussions seem interesting. Hello.

My main, current, and only interest is EBTs--trying to figure out what the Buddha originally taught and practicing in accordance to said instructions. Previous interests include the Thai Forest tradition, Ajahn Lee's anapanasati, and various other stuff.

I'll stick around while using the internet. Don't really like being online in my free time, but reading the suttas requires it. Recently made up my mind that I'd like to invest in reading the whole five nikayas.

Not brand new to Buddhism, have been seriously studying and practicing it since the spring of 2020.

I'm from Bulgaria. Seeking alone, not affiliated with any groups. Let's get along.
Ceisiwr

Re: Hello

Post by Ceisiwr »

Welcome :thumbsup:
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

:hello:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

Hello Mr. Seek, and welcome to Dhamma Wheel! :hello: :anjali:
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

JamesTheGiant

Post by JamesTheGiant »

Hello! I also set out to read the nikayas and finished a couple of years ago. Currently re-reading.
Best wishes and Gidday.
coconut

Post by coconut »

Good to see and meet people who are interested in EBT!
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
StrivingforMonkhood

Post by StrivingforMonkhood »

May you fulfill your deepest wish for happiness.

:namaste:
May we all fulfill our deepest wish for happiness

We are already Buddha
Mr. Seek

Post by Mr. Seek »

Accomplished the goals I set forth since joining the forum--read most of the texts, got a glimpse of Theravada Buddbism, and met some wonderful people. Also and most importantly, got rid of any doubts I had about the teachings--Dhammawheel has helped me a lot in this regard, so I'm very thankful. Hopefully my posts contributed to someome's well-being and didn't cause too much frustration. I'll be leaving now. Not really Theravada anymore so it feels weird sticking around. I'll continue to use the Pali texts as the backbone of my practice, but other than that I see very little common ground between me and other Theravada practicioners. Won't be going to Mahayana either, although I quite like some of their stuff. Will just charge ahead on my own and see what happens. Also, I need to invest more time in my practice and less on the internet, so that's one big reason too. Bye folks!
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

Mr. Seek wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:55 pm Accomplished the goals I set forth since joining the forum--read most of the texts, got a glimpse of Theravada Buddbism, and met some wonderful people. Also and most importantly, got rid of any doubts I had about the teachings--Dhammawheel has helped me a lot in this regard, so I'm very thankful. Hopefully my posts contributed to someome's well-being and didn't cause too much frustration. I'll be leaving now. Not really Theravada anymore so it feels weird sticking around. I'll continue to use the Pali texts as the backbone of my practice, but other than that I see very little common ground between me and other Theravada practicioners. Won't be going to Mahayana either, although I quite like some of their stuff. Will just charge ahead on my own and see what happens. Also, I need to invest more time in my practice and less on the internet, so that's one big reason too. Bye folks!
All the best on your journey.
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
Mr. Seek

Post by Mr. Seek »

Decided to return partly. Will try to contribute to some of the topics and in the meanwhile study Pali. Still not Theravadin or any other denomination, but I'll try to be of help. Cheers and see you in the discussions!
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

Welcome back! :anjali:
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

Welcome back Mr Seek! :hello:

Mr. Seek

Post by Mr. Seek »