hi, im Indigo

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
TetraGrammaton

hi, im Indigo

Post by TetraGrammaton »

Hello.
I am a seeker
of truth and liberty.
i seek to know the signs of
metteyyas
return.
thank you
J

Namaste
coconut

Re: hi, im Indigo

Post by coconut »

Hello,

Metteyya will not arise in your lifetime. Instead you should focus on the suttas, the closest thing we have to the Buddha's word.
TetraGrammaton

Post by TetraGrammaton »

coconut wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:50 am Hello,

Metteyya will not arise in your lifetime. Instead you should focus on the suttas, the closest thing we have to the Buddha's word.
thank you.
what are the signs of His coming?
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

:hello:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
TetraGrammaton

Post by TetraGrammaton »

SarathW wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:09 am:hello:
:clap:
Dhammanando

Post by Dhammanando »

TetraGrammaton wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:58 am what are the signs of His coming?
Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

The signs of the Buddha Metteya's coming are said to include the following:

The dispensation of Gotama Buddha will have entirely disappeared.

Billions of years will have then elapsed.

The lifespan of humans will be 80,000 years, with women getting married at the age of five hundred.

There'll be only three kinds of malady afflicting humans: hunger before meals, lethargy after meals and old age.

India's capital will be called Ketumati and will be located on the site of what is now Varanasi.

The whole of India will be covered in 4-inch long soft green grass and all the country's plants will be thornless.

The world will be ruled by a wheel-turning monarch called Sankha and the Bodhisatta Metteyya will be the son of Subrahma, the monarch's chief counsellor, and his wife Brahmavatī.

You can read more here.

https://archive.org/details/THECOMINGBU ... .Upatissaw

The main point, as Coconut noted, is that the next Buddha's coming is neither now nor any time soon.
Yena yena hi maññanti,
tato taṃ hoti aññathā.

In whatever way they conceive it,
It turns out otherwise.
(Sn. 588)
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

Dhammanando wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:39 am
TetraGrammaton wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:58 am what are the signs of His coming?
Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

The lifespan of humans will be 80,000 years, with women getting married at the age of five hundred.

There'll be only three kinds of malady afflicting humans: hunger before meals, lethargy after meals and old age.

India's capital will be called Ketumati and will be located on the site of what is now Varanasi.

The whole of India will be covered in 4-inch long soft green grass and all the country's plants will be thornless.

The world will be ruled by a wheel-turning monarch called Sankha and the Bodhisatta Metteyya will be the son of Subrahma, the monarch's chief counsellor, and his wife Brahmavatī.

You can read more here.

The main point, as Coconut noted, is that the next Buddha's coming is neither now nor any time soon.
Bhante thanks ... its sad humans are having lots of problem during gotama's dispension... murder kidnap ill talk backbite adultary fake news media etc
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
TetraGrammaton

Post by TetraGrammaton »

Dhammanando wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:39 am
Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

You can read more here.

Thank you for this lovely post.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

Ionbuddy

Post by Ionbuddy »

:hug:
I still have defilements.
TetraGrammaton

Post by TetraGrammaton »

Ionbuddy wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:47 pm:hug:
thank you, brother, for the kind welcome.
Namaste.
:jumping:
Chew SK

Post by Chew SK »

TetraGrammaton wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:58 am
coconut wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:50 am Hello,

thank you.
what are the signs of His coming?

Maithreeya Buddha will come to the world when there's no dhamma in this world and will have been forgotten by most on the terrestrial world
It would be aeons away provided mankind save Earth
WisdomOcean

I'm a seeker, too

Post by WisdomOcean »

Hi Indigo. Some people are called Indigo. It's sort of generational, I guess. Jesus said in John, I think, "if ye seek, ye shall find." I've been a seeker for 15 years :buddha2: . It wasn't until I started to seek for myself for others that life started to bloom.

Be SO open to Buddha's blessings!!! Have faith in Him and in your day (that you're doing the right thing) and believe an answer is there and, you know what? You will find it!! I mean, if you're gonna seek, seek with you're whole heart and invite Buddha along. Have great faith in Buddha because He wants your best, that's all.

Be kind....Be well :quote: