Be a seeker; be better!!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
WisdomOcean

Be a seeker; be better!!

Post by WisdomOcean »

We all have potential; I mean your mind being beyond open and selfless, potential. It's like you're you and the Buddha is that, Buddha; guiding you to become Buddha and we all can and will be. The warmest thing is, we're all Sangha!! Congratulation's to you, friend! We've been aware for so long, just being conscious of all of our trips to heaven, then hell; onward to humanhood; back there and all over again on this gigantic Wheel-of-Life

But, no....the Dhamma and the Dharma can heal your life without question. Did you know that there are really only two emotions. Love and whatever you feel Love's (capitol intended) opposite is. I don't feel hate or fear or any negative emotion; so its Love I feel now and Love that I wish I were.

I just want to say to whoever is reading this....Stay in the Game. If your a big success at Buddhism; so good. If your trudging along or can't wait to practice, read this: We all want happiness; we all want Nirvana. Nirvana and Samsara are in essence the same. Happiness, Nirvana; suffering; Samsara are all in your mind. There a mind states. Because there is happiness, there is sadness; that's one of ignorance's' tricks; duality.
An apple is only an apple because its called that. If you want to call it something else, it would be that something else. Pain is suffering only because you know it to be. Suffering is only suffering and happiness is only happiness in name. Stay the race! Apply as much effort as you're able. It only gets better....Peace is all there is : )
confusedlayman

Re: Be a seeker; be better!!

Post by confusedlayman »

your seeking ends when u know there is no seeker to seek anything
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

WisdomOcean wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:58 am
Welcome to the page and thanks for sharing :hello:
Nirvana and Samsara are in essence the same.
This is very much a view of Nagarjuna’s Madhyamaka, but as this is a Theravadin page you will find opposition to that idea here (from most, not all). Personally I think the two are distinct.
Pain is suffering only because you know it to be. Suffering is only suffering and happiness is only happiness in name.
I also disagree with this. The Buddha and Arahants still experienced dukkha whilst alive.
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
mjaviem

Post by mjaviem »

WisdomOcean wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:58 am We all have potential; I mean your mind being beyond open and selfless, potential. It's like you're you and the Buddha is that, Buddha; guiding you to become Buddha and we all can and will be. The warmest thing is, we're all Sangha!! Congratulation's to you, friend! We've been aware for so long, just being conscious of all of our trips to heaven, then hell; onward to humanhood; back there and all over again on this gigantic Wheel-of-Life

But, no....the Dhamma and the Dharma can heal your life without question. Did you know that there are really only two emotions. Love and whatever you feel Love's (capitol intended) opposite is. I don't feel hate or fear or any negative emotion; so its Love I feel now and Love that I wish I were.

I just want to say to whoever is reading this....Stay in the Game. If your a big success at Buddhism; so good. If your trudging along or can't wait to practice, read this: We all want happiness; we all want Nirvana. Nirvana and Samsara are in essence the same. Happiness, Nirvana; suffering; Samsara are all in your mind. There a mind states. Because there is happiness, there is sadness; that's one of ignorance's' tricks; duality.
An apple is only an apple because its called that. If you want to call it something else, it would be that something else. Pain is suffering only because you know it to be. Suffering is only suffering and happiness is only happiness in name. Stay the race! Apply as much effort as you're able. It only gets better....Peace is all there is : )
Welcome.

You say be a seeker but of what. What do you mean by that? And what do you mean by we'll all become Buddha? And who's been aware of our trips to heaven and hell and humanhood, etc.? I'm not aware of that, only learning it. How can an apple be something else by just naming it differently? What do you mean with that? What do you mean by love as a binary emotion? Are you naming something else love?

Thanks for your encouragement but some of the ideas you stated I don't understand. (Like "you are you"). Thanks :anjali:
Namo Tassa Bhagavato Arahato Sammā Sambuddhassa
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

denise

Post by denise »

:heart:
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

WisdomOcean wrote:Nirvana and Samsara are in essence the same.
Welcome WO,

Your approach to the Dhamma appears to lean towards Mahayana rather than Theravada!

:anjali: