doubts about the teachings

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
DooDoot

Re: doubts about the teachings

Post by DooDoot »

WS_Can15 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:09 pm I still don't understand, if the world was created from craving then who created lust? Who created ignorance?
"who" is an irrelevant question in buddhism.
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
asahi

Post by asahi »

WS_Can15 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:35 pm but I have another question, what if they answer if the test that comes is to make humans more mature in the future? how do you think about this?
There is another answer, if God knows that later humans will disobey but still create because there must be a good purpose likened to parents who already know that their children are not always obedient but still have children, what do you think? I also understand it from a Buddhist point of view but I have a hard time composing sentences😂😂
:anjali:
God surely knows everything that angel would disobey him and became satan .
God also knows he doesnt exists .
And he knows you are asking these questions before Creation and knows i will enlighten you not to follow your confuse thoughts . There is no God so no worries . Forget about God and move on . Learn more about dhamma .
No bashing No gossiping
WS_Can15

Post by WS_Can15 »

asahi wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:44 am
WS_Can15 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:35 pm but I have another question, what if they answer if the test that comes is to make humans more mature in the future? how do you think about this?
There is another answer, if God knows that later humans will disobey but still create because there must be a good purpose likened to parents who already know that their children are not always obedient but still have children, what do you think? I also understand it from a Buddhist point of view but I have a hard time composing sentences😂😂
:anjali:
God surely knows everything that angel would disobey him and became satan .
God also knows he doesnt exists .
And he knows you are asking these questions before Creation and knows i will enlighten you not to follow your confuse thoughts . There is no God so no worries . Forget about God and move on . Learn more about dhamma .
thank you, enlightening answer, there are still some unanswered questions, I hope to get enlightened, and there is one more thing I ask, can panca niyama also be called dhamma? is it lokuttara or lokiya / asankhata or sankhata? :anjali:
"With faith as seed and practice,
rain and learning as my yoke and plough;
my plough-pole, conscientiousness,
memory, goad and ploughshare both."
(Sn 1.4)
asahi

Post by asahi »

Sorry , hope someone more learned can help you out . For the rest of dhamma questions , i'm afraid that i am unable to provide answer as i am not pali literate .
No bashing No gossiping
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

DooDoot wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:36 am
WS_Can15 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:09 pm I still don't understand, if the world was created from craving then who created lust? Who created ignorance?
refer to SN 12.12 then AN 10.61

note: to reiterate, generally only a Christian or Muslim would believe a "who" created the universe. a scientist would ask "what" rather than "who".
WS_Can15 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:55 am can panca niyama also be called dhamma?
the word 'dhamma' means 'that which supports'. 'niyama' is one type of 'dhamma',i.e., a thing that supports life to be free from dukkha & to not fall into the lower realms
WS_Can15 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:55 am can panca niyama also be called dhamma? is it lokuttara or lokiya
four niyamas appear to be lokiya because they are not about ending suffering. for example, MN 117 appears to say kamma niyama is not lokuttara

the dhamma niyama referred to in AN 3.136 and SN 12.20 (already posted for you) is lokuttara because realization of it can end suffering

the suttas clearly say any teaching connected to emptiness (sunnata) is lokuttara (example, SN 20.7)
WS_Can15 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:55 am can panca niyama also be called dhamma? asankhata or sankhata?
interesting question. my impression is usually Buddhism only refers to Nibbana as the only asankhata dhamma (eg. Ud 8.3) . however, because the dhamma niyama is "fixed" or "permanent" (per AN 3.136 and SN 12.20), it is arguable it may also be asankhata. i suggest to start a new topic about this (done, here).

note: MN 115 does not assist here because both sankhata & asankhata are grammatically "singular" here, below:
There are these two elements:
Dve imā, ānanda, dhātuyo—

the conditioned element and the unconditioned element.
saṅkhatādhātu, asaṅkhatādhātu.

MN 115
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

WS_Can15

Post by WS_Can15 »

DooDoot wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:49 pm
DooDoot wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:36 am
refer to SN 12.12 then AN 10.61

note: to reiterate, generally only a Christian or Muslim would believe a "who" created the universe. a scientist would ask "what" rather than "who".
WS_Can15 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:55 am can panca niyama also be called dhamma?
the word 'dhamma' means 'that which supports'. 'niyama' is one type of 'dhamma',i.e., a thing that supports life to be free from dukkha & to not fall into the lower realms
WS_Can15 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:55 am can panca niyama also be called dhamma? is it lokuttara or lokiya
four niyamas appear to be lokiya because they are not about ending suffering. for example, MN 117 appears to say kamma niyama is not lokuttara

the dhamma niyama referred to in AN 3.136 and SN 12.20 (already posted for you) is lokuttara because realization of it can end suffering

the suttas clearly say any teaching connected to emptiness (sunnata) is lokuttara (example, SN 20.7)
WS_Can15 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:55 am can panca niyama also be called dhamma? asankhata or sankhata?
interesting question. my impression is usually Buddhism only refers to Nibbana as the only asankhata dhamma (eg. Ud 8.3) . however, because the dhamma niyama is "fixed" or "permanent" (per AN 3.136 and SN 12.20), it is arguable it may also be asankhata. i suggest to start a new topic about this (done, here).

note: MN 115 does not assist here because both sankhata & asankhata are grammatically "singular" here, below:
There are these two elements:
Dve imā, ānanda, dhātuyo—

the conditioned element and the unconditioned element.
saṅkhatādhātu, asaṅkhatādhātu.

MN 115
thank you for the enlightening answer, do you have any more thoughts on the unanswered question? :anjali:
(Sn 1.4)
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

WS_Can15 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:03 am do you have any more thoughts on the unanswered question?
if the unanswered question is about superstitions about Brahma, etc, no

if not, what is the unanswered question? thanks

WS_Can15

Post by WS_Can15 »

DooDoot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:27 am
WS_Can15 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:03 am do you have any more thoughts on the unanswered question?

DooDoot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:27 am

I mean questions 4 and 5 :anjali:
(Sn 1.4)
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

WS_Can15 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:29 am I mean questions 4 and 5
I didn't answer them originally because they are outside of my sphere of interest & scope. regards :smile:
4. I still don't understand about aspiration or sacca vaca, is that a prayer and what is the difference? Who answered that prayer?

5. I have heard a lecture on the Ratana Sutta, in the lecture it says that the determining factor for the paritta to come to fruition is who is reciting it. Is there any reference to this?