introduction and thanks

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Tennok

introduction and thanks

Post by Tennok »

Hi Everybody,

I come from Zen backgrounds, been a Theravadin since more than a decade. I used to be rather devoted, or obsessive practicioner - even a monk wannabe at times. I had luck to practice with some great teachers, did lot of retreats, etc. Now, as I got older, my practice suffered a bit - or it's just anicca. I'm stuck with covid isolation & family duties, but thanks to our ancient Path it's not so bad, even good at times - one gets less distracted.

I was reading this board for years and it've became my virtual Sangha somehow. Especially since I moved to a new country and got separated from my Damma friends. I would like to express my gratitude to the makers and members of Dhamma Wheel for your countless posts, shared experiences, sutta refferences and download links. For example, I ' ve learned about "Heartwood of the Bodhi Tree" by Buddhadasa Bhikkhu here, a truly wonderful book. So thanks again! :bow: :anjali: Perhaps I will post something useful, too.

metta
Tennok
DNS
Site Admin

Re: introduction and thanks

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

:hello:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Assaji

Post by Assaji »

Hi Tennok,

Nice to meet you :namaste:
simsapa