Namaste!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
dicsoncandra

Namaste!

Post by dicsoncandra »

Greetings from Singapore!

I have been actively reading the forum posts for a few months now but never participated in any of it, so thank you for the kind contributions :namaste:

Just to introduce myself, my favourite teachers are:
- Ajahn Chah
- Ajahn Nyanamoli

Only recently did I come across the Hillside Hermitage youtube channel but it has brought about an enormous benefit to my understanding and practice of the Dhamma. Ajahn Nyanamoli's phenomenological perspective on anicca, dukkha (in relation to self-restraint), anatta, Paticcasamuppada and mindfulness (peripheral awareness) have been especially enlightening and conducive to my own practice. I have purchased Bhikkhu Akiñcano's phenomenological exploration of the Suttas and Ajahn Nyanamoli's 'Meanings' and I can't wait to read them :tongue:

Apart from an overworked full-time job, I am also doing a postgrad in Buddhist studies. I'll have to submit my thesis title and summary by July and currently the aggregates that define 'me' are in disarray due to the many interesting possibilities of what I can write about :juggling: :rofl:

I hope to have some pleasant and fruitful conversations with all of you here at DW but please pardon me if I don't reply on time due to my workload :namaste:
JamesTheGiant

Re: Namaste!

Post by JamesTheGiant »

Gidday mate! How interesting the university studies sound. I'd love to do that.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

:hello:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

Welcome and good luck with your studies :reading:
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
DNS
Site Admin