Greetings!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
4GreatHeavenlyKings

Greetings!

Post by 4GreatHeavenlyKings »

I was Christian (liberal Catholic) and for me, converting to Buddhism (after leaving Christianity for materialist atheism) was the replacement of confusion with understanding, falsity with truth, pessimism with optimism, incoherence with coherence, faith with reason, hopelessness with hope, and illogic with logic.

I have been unable to walk (without a walker or help) since I was born, and use a wheelchair almost all the time. I do all of my typing with just one finger because of my clumsy hands. These are because of my cerebral palsy.

I have a congenital hearing impairment and use hearing aids (including one that required surgery).

My disabilities leave me with various pains in my body, and I do not meditate for this reason. But my faith in the Three Jewels is vast, and my respect for the Pali Tipitaka is great.
bodom

Re: Greetings!

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Welcome to DW King.
Perhaps contemplation on feeling (Vedanupassana) may have some help with your body pain even though I am struggling with my own pain.
:D
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

Dhammavamsa

Post by Dhammavamsa »

Hello ! Wish you a good Dhamma learning journey.
Deleted
DiamondNgXZ

Post by DiamondNgXZ »

4GreatHeavenlyKings wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:02 am I was Christian (liberal Catholic) and for me, converting to Buddhism (after leaving Christianity for materialist atheism) was the replacement of confusion with understanding, falsity with truth, pessimism with optimism, incoherence with coherence, faith with reason, hopelessness with hope, and illogic with logic.

I have been unable to walk (without a walker or help) since I was born, and use a wheelchair almost all the time. I do all of my typing with just one finger because of my clumsy hands. These are because of my cerebral palsy.

I have a congenital hearing impairment and use hearing aids (including one that required surgery).

My disabilities leave me with various pains in my body, and I do not meditate for this reason. But my faith in the Three Jewels is vast, and my respect for the Pali Tipitaka is great.
Wow, amazing will to write!

Nice to see you here too. How's r/Buddhism going?