Hello Dhamma friends

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Inhaleexhale

Hello Dhamma friends

Post by Inhaleexhale »

Greetings all,

I have browsed on and off for some time, and have finally created an account. My intent in creating an account and joining is to expand my network and connect with other Dhamma friends to better understand what opportunities are available for ordaining.

It's been a slow process for me, but have spent time at various monasteries in the continental US over the past couple of years. I think I'd like to ordain within the Dhammayut sect, and hopefully will have the chance to visit Thailand next year to explore some of the places I have in mind there, as well as experience a Buddhist culture. I'm not in a rush to ordain but would rather feel as if I had chosen the right place and teacher, as well as have a very stable foundation in my own practice with solid knowledge of the Vinaya.

Anyway, I appreciate the community and am grateful for this opportunity to practice and follow in the Buddha's footsteps.

Be well,
:anjali: inhaleexhale
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Hello Dhamma friends

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

SarathW

Post by SarathW »

:hello:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Inhaleexhale

Post by Inhaleexhale »

Thank you all. I did some searching and was unable to find out how I would be able to send others private messages... also couldn't figure out how to contact an admin directly. Do I need to have a certain post count in order to do this?
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Inhaleexhale wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:17 pm Thank you all. I did some searching and was unable to find out how I would be able to send others private messages... also couldn't figure out how to contact an admin directly. Do I need to have a certain post count in order to do this?
There's system settings in place that make certain functions and features available at a particular point in one's membership, to prevent abuse of the system by spammers. If there's anything you need to contact Admin about in the meantime, feel free to do it here.

Thanks and welcome.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Inhaleexhale

Post by Inhaleexhale »

Thank you Paul. What are the requirements for me to send private messages? The reason I'm asking is I've seen a couple of posters say that they are open to being messaged about certain areas or monasteries in Thailand, and was hoping to get in touch to more fully flesh out my first visit there. No rush though 8-)
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Inhaleexhale wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:48 am What are the requirements for me to send private messages?
We don't publicly promote the parameters since that would make it more prone to abuse, but I doubt you've got long to wait. 8-)

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Inhaleexhale

Post by Inhaleexhale »

I can understand that, thanks again Paul.

:anjali:
StrivingforMonkhood

Post by StrivingforMonkhood »

You can PM me, if you want. I'm not sure I'd be of any help to you.

I've learned to lower my expectations of others, even on Buddhist forums. That way, you won't set yourself up for disappointments.
We're all struggling to find happiness, with both shared and unique problems. People connect differently with others, depending on personalities, karma, etc.

May you fulfill your deepest wish for happiness. :anjali:
May we all fulfill our deepest wish for happiness

We are already Buddha