Paññavuddho Bhikkhu - introduction

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Pannavuddho

Paññavuddho Bhikkhu - introduction

Post by Pannavuddho »

Hi there folks,
I am a Theravada Buddhist monk from England, UK and currently living in a monastery in Lampang, Northern Thailand. I am one moth short of 75 years of age.
Before retirement I was an English language teacher. I have taught in London, England; in Thailand, Japan, South Korea (briefly) and Brunei.
I hold a University of Wales Diploma in General Studies; a BA(hons) and MA degrees - both in Western philosophy with a special emphasis on the work of Wittgenstein. I also underwent teacher training and earned a PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate of Education) which is a UK teaching qualification.
I was introduced to the Buddha-Dhamma when I sat my first meditation course with Sayagi SN Goenka Ji in India in 1986.
I came to Thailand in 1989 and sat my first Satipatthana meditation course at Wat Ram Poeng in Chiang Mai in January 1990. I ordained with my beloved
late teacher the Ven Luang Por Tong Sirimangalo in 1993 when he moved to Wat Phrathat Sri Chom Tong. I disrobed in 1995. I re-ordained with my teacher in 2002 for another 5 years. Finally I ordained in my current Burmese style temple in 2010. Thus I have spent a total of 17 years as a Buddhist monk a a cumulative total of at least 2 years as a lay meditator.
I currently run a Facebook page devoted entirely to dhamma and Buddhist topics. [https://www.facebook.com/alan.cooper.90410]
I wish all of you good health, happiness and peace of mind.
Dhammanando

Re: Paññavuddho Bhikkhu - introduction

Post by Dhammanando »

Pannavuddho wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:34 am Hi there folks,
I am a Theravada Buddhist monk from England, UK and currently living in a monastery in Lampang, Northern Thailand.
Hi Venerable,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:anjali:
Yena yena hi maññanti,
tato taṃ hoti aññathā.

In whatever way they conceive it,
It turns out otherwise.
(Sn. 588)
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Pannavuddho wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:34 am Hi there folks,
I am a Theravada Buddhist monk from England, UK and currently living in a monastery in Lampang, Northern Thailand. I am one moth short of 75 years of age.
Before retirement I was an English language teacher. I have taught in London, England; in Thailand, Japan, South Korea (briefly) and Brunei.
I hold a University of Wales Diploma in General Studies; a BA(hons) and MA degrees - both in Western philosophy with a special emphasis on the work of Wittgenstein. I also underwent teacher training and earned a PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate of Education) which is a UK teaching qualification.
I was introduced to the Buddha-Dhamma when I sat my first meditation course with Sayagi SN Goenka Ji in India in 1986.
I came to Thailand in 1989 and sat my first Satipatthana meditation course at Wat Ram Poeng in Chiang Mai in January 1990. I ordained with my beloved
late teacher the Ven Luang Por Tong Sirimangalo in 1993 when he moved to Wat Phrathat Sri Chom Tong. I disrobed in 1995. I re-ordained with my teacher in 2002 for another 5 years. Finally I ordained in my current Burmese style temple in 2010. Thus I have spent a total of 17 years as a Buddhist monk a a cumulative total of at least 2 years as a lay meditator.
I currently run a Facebook page devoted entirely to dhamma and Buddhist topics. [https://www.facebook.com/alan.cooper.90410]
I wish all of you good health, happiness and peace of mind.
Hi Bhante.
Welcome!
I hope we can learn a lot of from your experience. I hope you will be an active member here in Dhamma Wheel even though this is not a place for the faint-hearted. :D
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Hi Bhante Pannavuddho,

Welcome to DW!

Pannavuddho

Post by Pannavuddho »

DNS wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:47 am Hi Bhante Pannavuddho,

Welcome to DW!
Hello there Venerable Bhante. Thank you so very much for your warm welcome. That is very much appreciated.
Bless you, May you be well, happy and at peace,