Salutations!

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
Tennyson

Salutations!

Post by Tennyson »

Hello, all! I'm new to practicing Buddhism, though I've been studying it for a while. I want to put the Dhamma into practice the best I can, and I have been looking for forums to talk with other Buddhists as I go on this journey. At present, I am just getting into the practice, so I haven't aligned myself strictly with one school or another, but I want to learn about both Theravada and Mahayana, so I decided to join here and over at Dharmawheel as well. I grew up Christian and have been pursuing a practice mostly based around Mahayana (specifically Zen since it's what I first came into contact with), but I've been reading a lot of Thanissaro Bhikkhu and Bhikkhu Bodhi's works lately, to help in my meditation and practice. In particular, Thanissaro's guided meditations have assisted me greatly in figuring out how to meditate. I'm still in the process of figuring some things out in my life, and I think that studying the Buddha's teaching has helped me place things into a much better perspective.

I look forward to having wonderful conversations about the Buddha, the Dhamma, and the Sangha with all of you. May we all be happy and strive to find happiness. :namaste:
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Re: Salutations!

Post by Sam Vara »

Hello and welcome to Dhamma Wheel, Tennyson! :anjali:
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha1:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

:hello:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
bodom

Post by bodom »

Welcome!

:namaste:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

StrivingforMonkhood

Post by StrivingforMonkhood »

May you fulfill your deepest wish for happiness.

:anjali:
May we all fulfill our deepest wish for happiness

We are already Buddha
bpallister

Post by bpallister »

I'm sure there's some book lists floating around that would be helpful to you. Good luck on your journey!
Eko Care

Post by Eko Care »

Tennyson wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:16 am I'm new to practicing Buddhism, ..... I'm still in the process of figuring some things out in my life,
and I think that studying the Buddha's teaching has helped me place things into a much better perspective.
:reading:
Yes, it helps.

May Real Gems Bless You.