Poe's Law - Defense

Tell us how you think the forum can be improved. We will listen.
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Re: Poe's Law - Defense

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
SDC wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:35 pm Did I not just say I'm not partaking in your martyrdom? No it wasn't me.
Correct. Only adminstrators have the ability to revoke a member's "signature" access when they abuse it. Similarly with other functions (like editing, PMs, avatars, or posting without moderator approval) that members can, but thankfully rarely abuse.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"It is natural that one who knows and sees things as they really are is disenchanted and dispassionate." (AN 10.2)

"Overcome the liar by truth." (Dhp 223)
Manopubbangama

Post by Manopubbangama »

retrofuturist wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:38 pm Greetings,
SDC wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:35 pm Did I not just say I'm not partaking in your martyrdom? No it wasn't me.
Correct. Only adminstrators have the ability to revoke a member's "signature" access when they abuse it. Similarly with other functions (like editing, or PMs) that members can, but thankfully rarely abuse.

Metta,
Paul. :)
Makes perfect sense that you, as a tourist, would discourage potential users from going to Buddhist nations and learning real Buddhism, be it that you are a living example of a spiritual transvestite.

Excellent thread gentlemen, carry on.

Feel free to erase it (it won't be erased, fyi). But if you do, it will speak volumes about the true intentions of the internet clique of spiritual transvestites.

For the record, the signature told Buddhists to find out what real Buddhism is by experiencing it themselves.

That is what is banned on this forum?
Sam Vara

Post by Sam Vara »

Manopubbangama wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:08 pm

Responding to others claims about Islam is a duty.
Not on a strictly Theravadan site, it's not, as the Blessed One said very little of our duties towards Muslims.
You write threads here about allowing men to penetrate you and call it empowering.

What is it that you call it?

Power-bottom?

How is this talk related to Theravadin Buddhism???
Some points of clarification here. I contributed to a thread about penetration. No man has ever penetrated me personally, and I said that some would call it empowering; not that I subscribe to such a view. It's related to Theravada by virtue of the fact that a gay man asked whether he would be able to ordain, and someone else said that being penetrated was evidence of a subordinate power-relation. I don't have any problem with that; in my view that's a perfectly acceptable application of Theravada to people's everyday lives.
And these are the few people here attempting to slander my points without even addressing them (of course).
I don't think that in ordinary usage a point can be slandered. I've tried addressing your point, but you seem confused as to what you actually want, other than to ride your usual hobby-horses about doctrinal purity and sexual/racial impurity.

Do you have actual substantive points you want to make? Do you just want to make florid criticism of things you don't like? Again, I'm fine with that, but it does seem rather inconsistent for someone who claims to want nothing but doctrinal purity to launch into sex-obsessed rants about how bad other people are.

You really should leave those sex-obsessed rants to those of us who aren't real Buddhists.